Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Quarantine Week 3

For our Come Follow Me lesson on Sunday, we were looking at the globe to see where Jesus lived his earthly life and where he appeared to the Nephites after His resurrection. Damon pointed to the equator and said it was a road that Jesus took. We moved on, and a couple minutes later Tessa raised her hand to make a comment. She said, "I'm glad Damon said that about the road, so he can learn from his mistake." Paul and I were laughing so hard. Then she taught Damon about what the equator is called and how it's not a road. She just could not move on without correcting Damon. :)

We had a few days of sun that week and the kids soaked it up!
Rockwell loved eating peanuts out in the sun. I only let him eat peanuts in their shells outside since they make such a mess, so he was happy for some nice weather. :)

Damon has been enjoying the activities that Mrs Roxi sends home for him.
 
Rockwell and Tessa hid the Easter eggs from his packet in the yard over and over again for him.
Tessa and Rockwell both had their first Google Hangout with their classes. They loved seeing their friends again!!
Rockwell's class did a MadLib with him, and he thought that was awesome. Paul ordered a book of MadLibs and we have been having so much fun with them. I love to hear Paul and Rockwell laughing their heads off doing them together. Rockwell sends Marco Polos to Wyatt reading his favorite ones, and he's currently on FaceTime with Wyatt filling some out.
Tessa enjoys seeing Mrs. Smith's videos every day. One day she read Click Clack Moo and Click Clack Quack to the kids, and Tessa got our copies and followed along.

I walked past the reading room one day and Damon was sitting in a chair flipping through Fablehaven. A few minutes later he found me in the kitchen and said, "Don't worry Mom, I did my reading. I read four pages." Ha! Sure ya did buddy! :)

Tessa's porcupine Prickles disappeared a few years ago. She has tried looking for him here and there over the years, but she's been really sad and crying about it a lot lately. We looked online to find one that looks as similar to the original Prickles as we could find. The new Prickles arrived this week, and she could not be happier about it!

Governor Herbert extended school closures until May 1st, at least. We're hanging in there. Paul has only gone into work once or twice a week, and that's been really great. I'm glad Todd and Ryan want to be at the school, so Paul only has to go in when they can't be there. The hardest part is still that we just miss our family and friends. I FaceTimed with my sisters one day, and that was really good for my soul. I'm glad my kids have each other to play with here at home, and that they generally have fun together. 

3 comments:

  1. I love what Tessa said and I love that she raised her hand to do it and then taught Damon instead of making him feel bad, so sweet! We have love hearing Rockwell's Madlibs, especially when we hear you and Paul laughing in the background! We definitely need to do more facetimes. We all need it over her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that Allison told me today that you've been blogging cause I haven't gotten any emails about them. I loved this blog and all the pictures and the creative things the children are doing to stay in touch with each other and with their classes. I'd love to hear some of the madlibs sometime! So glad the children got to be in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed reading all your quarantine blogs. It helps us keep up on all you're doing. I felt bad for Rockwell struggling with the schoolwork at first. Glad to see it's going better. I hope I'm not stressing out my parents/students. No complaints -SO FAR. Haha

    ReplyDelete