Thursday, October 12, 2023

Mom's Birthday

Paul went all out for my 40th birthday! I woke up to a tower of my favorite treats. Then Paul sent me back to bed while he got all the kids breakfast and drove all three carpools to school. :)

When everyone got home from school, I opened presents. I got the new Emily Ann CD.
A hummingbird jewelry box.
A beautiful hummingbird ring. One of Paul's former students makes these rings. Paul chose a green gem to match the color of the local hummingbirds we get. It's so cool!
Tickets to see May We All at Hale Center Theatre. It's a new play about country music, which is right up my alley!
And tickets to the George Strait concert, featuring Christ Stapleton and Little Big Town!!! That's going to be amazing!
I got so spoiled!!!
We grabbed some McDonald's for dinner and headed up the canyon to hike Stewart Falls. I was so excited to see the fall colors up there, and they definitely did not disappoint! Paul and I took so many pictures. :)
Tessa appreciates the beauty like Paul and I do. :)
We made it to the falls :)
Rockwell and I climbed up to see what the middle of the falls looks like. You can barely see us up there. :)
The views from up there were amazing!
We were racing the sun, so we couldn't stay too long at the falls.
We made it back to the trailhead right as we lost all sunlight. The kids did such a great job with the fast pace we had to do. They're tough cookies! We got some ice cream at Macey on the way home, and then Paul and I watched the BYU football game. It was a perfect birthday! Thank you family for doing all the things I wanted on my birthday, and for making this old lady feel loved and special. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a great birthday. All of those pictures are amazing. Utah really is so beautiful! You look so good in every picture, you are beautiful Tiff!

    ReplyDelete