Friday, February 10, 2017

Everyday Adventures

We have actually had a few warm days lately. It has made us all so happy. The kids loved playing outside.
  

The students at Paul's school made a huge sign of his angry face for the basketball games. They hold it up when their team blocks a shot and chant, "Barth says no!!" So funny!
Paul sure does a good job with the students. He puts in A LOT of time, effort, and energy at the school. It's been pretty busy for him lately, so we take what time we can get. The kids love to at least say hi and get a hug through the window if we drop dinner off for him at the school. 
I love that he runs home for an hour if he possibly can just to play with us. He always makes sure to remind the kids to thank me for all that I do for them and to behave the rest of the night. He's stretched very thin with his job, calling, and family. I love that he does his best to make the kids and me a priority. We sure appreciate all he does and love him lots!

This is one of Rockwell's favorite spots right now. When the heater is on he lays over it and makes a "warm house."
He was trying to make orange juice by sticking a straw in his orange. :)

I don't even remember how this happened, but we all ended up laying on Rockwell's bed one night. It was one of those times where I was just overwhelmed with how grateful I am for each of them. We're so lucky to have each other. I love this little family of mine!

I'm not sure why, but Paul loves to put our children on top of the fridge. They have all thought it is awesome.

Paul and I had a fun date night with Al and Keith. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and bowling afterward. Luckily we weren't in any hurry because dinner took forever. We got free dessert and dipping sauce though, so we didn't mind. We had a lot of fun laughing at our bowling names. Keith was Cheese Pouch, Al was Lightbulb, I was Toots, and Paul was Greasy Ray. Good times!

Rockwell and I went to his Parent Teacher Conference last night. It is so fun to meet with his teacher and just listen to how awesome he is! It was so cute to see his jaw drop as she went through what levels/scores she would like kids to be at right now, and then tell us that Rockwell is well beyond most every one, some even 100 points above where the goal is. She had him read me a story he had written so I could see how well he's doing. He was so excited to tell Paul that Mrs. Smith said the 2nd grade teachers are going to LOVE Rockwell next year and that she wishes she had 12 Rockwells in her class. I was extra proud though when she went through the character section (respect for others, following rules, being self-motivated, etc.). She told us 4 is the highest point she can give, but she wishes she could give him a 20 in all of those. I just love his teacher and how she makes Rockwell feel about himself. He wanted to spend the money he's been earning from allowance at the book fair. After such a good report about all the hard work he's been doing, he got to stay up late reading his new books and eating the popcorn Mrs. Smith gave him. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job Rockwell, I love that smile! I'm so glad you have a great husband. You guys are so great at serving and supporting each other. Thanks for a great date night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed Tiff with a beautiful family that you love (I love the pictures on Rockwell's bed and a wonderful supportive husband. You should be so proud of Rockwell and how well he's doing and how nice he is! I know I'm proud!

    ReplyDelete