Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Life Lately

It was Family Week at Northridge a couple weeks ago. Damon and I went over one day to eat lunch with Rockwell and Tessa.
Rockwell's class eats before Tessa's does. When we were finished eating, Rockwell walked me over to show me where he gets to see Tessa every day as her class lines up outside the lunchroom. He said he goes and finds her every day to give her a hug before he goes out a different door, back to his classroom. I had no idea he goes out of his way to find her and give her a hug every day at school. My mom heart overflowed when he told me that!! He is seriously an exceptional big brother!
We went to Steam Night that week too. The kids loved all the activities. They made marble mazes, marshmallow catapults, played with giant blocks, and built a grabber and paper airplanes.

Tessa's class celebrated the 100th day of school by dressing like a 100-year-old. She looked so cute.

Damon had a field trip to the BYU Bean Museum. His friend Heather got to ride in our car with us, and he was very excited about that.

We got a lot of snow one day. Damon and I shoveled the driveway and sidewalks, and then sat in the hot tub when we were finished.

Paul took the kids to a basketball game at his school last Saturday. They loved that.
After the game I took Tessa to get her ears pierced. She's been asking about getting them pierced for years. I've always told her that she can get them pierced when she is responsible enough to take care of them, and when she's unafraid enough that she'll sit in the chair by herself for the piercing. I told her I will hold her hand, but I won't hold her down while she cries and screams. She has had eczema for a while now, and has made sure to put her medicine on every day whenever it acts up. She takes care of that herself, and has shown she is responsible. And then she said she felt brave enough a couple weeks ago, so I told her we could do it. I waited a little bit to make sure she really was confident about it, and she was. She did awesome, and only cried a little bit right when they shot the guns. They look so cute! She loves having them pierced.

Tessa brings home two books a day from the Book Fairy, an awesome program her school does. She likes to read one book to Damon and one book to me. I think it's adorable to see her reading to her little brother.

The temperature has been just right for the hot tub lately. It's cold, but not miserable. Damon and I have had fun out there lately.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that Rockwell looks for Tessa each day and gives her a hug! He is an exceptional big brother! All the pictures were great and it looks like you've done some very fun things as a family (except the hot tub- too cold for me when you get out) but I'm glad you enjoy it with Damon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you and Damon in the hot tub. Tessa is so brave. Way to go Tessa!

    ReplyDelete