Sunday, April 23, 2023

Everyday Adventures

Damon was so excited to earn the Respectful Rhino and get to keep him on his desk all day.


My friends and I had been talking about our kids' rooms and how they drive us crazy with all the stuff they have in them. We were saying that it's hard to convince them to get rid of stuff when they love the clutter and feel like it's cozy when it's full of all their favorite things. That night Paul and I found Tessa sleeping like this. I would feel totally claustrophobic, but she thinks this is cozy. :)

I've been enjoying working with the Young Women. We piled the whole class in our van one night to Heart Attack some neighbors. I was happy I was in the driver's seat. :)
We went to collect food for a food drive and found out only one person on our route had known about the food drive. We had some good laughs about how exhausted we were after watching Liv pick up one bag of food off a porch. Haha! They all worked together to carry that one bag to the truck. :)

A few of the young women were in the elementary school's play The Little Mermaid so Damon, Tessa and I went to see it.
Audrey was such a good Ariel!

Rockwell joined the track team at school. It's been such a good thing for him! He was peer pressured into trying distance, and found out he loves it. :) At his first meet he ran the mile, the 800m, and the 4x400 relay.
He's loved making new friends on the team.
I've enjoyed watching his meets, and seeing him learn to enjoy distance running.

Rockwell was excited to go hang out at Al's house while Cody was here.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how Tessa sleeps like that. I would be so claustrophobic. That is great that Rockwell is making new friends and enjoying school and his activities. He is such a great teenager. I'm so impressed with how kind and respectful he is.

    ReplyDelete