Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Everyday Adventures

Tessa still has a few words mixed up, and I think it's adorable. She calls tennis shoes 'antenna shoes.' She calls candy corns 'acorns.' And instead of naked she says 'connected.' She has a very big vocabulary, and often chooses words that seem mature for a 4-year-old. She always says humans instead of people. We got to church one day and it was crowded, and she said, "There are a lot of humans here!" The other day she cleaned up her dishes and crumbs after breakfast and then asked me if the table looked ship-shape? I love the words she gets mixed up. It reminds me how young she still is.


Tessa, Damon and I met Buffie and her kids at Cafe Rio last week.

They came over and played after lunch. The kids always have so much fun together. I loved finding all of them with backpacks on, ready for their trip on an airplane.



Dante and Alexys came over for an evening while my parents went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. The kids all had fun playing in the basement together. We roasted hot dogs for dinner, and then watched Despicable Me. It was a really fun night.




Damon had us all laughing when we found him hiding like this. He really wanted to play hide and seek, but wouldn't let go of his balloons.



We met Al and Katie at a park again last week. It was fun to hear all about Katie's trip to Europe!

Damon went on a twisty slide by himself, and was pretty proud of himself for it.
  

We met Al, Hallee and Wyatt in Provo Canyon. We walked from Nunn's Park to Canyon Glen park. The girls were so adorable skipping along the trail, holding hands.

It was fun/exhausting to throw rocks in the river. Tess and Damon just wanted to get in the water, so we didn't stay too long at the river. We ate lunch on some grass and just enjoyed being up in the mountains again.


The kids rode their scooters to school for National Bike to School Day. They liked that a lot.


We did yard work for family night this week. Damon and Tessa helped mow the lawn while Rockwell and I pulled weeds.

The kids loved finding all the creatures that came up with the weeds.
  

We had Damon's birthday party at Grandma Ham's on Sunday afternoon. He loved opening presents, and handed every bit of wrapping paper to me and said, "Here Mom," every time. That was a crowd pleaser. :) He's loved playing with all his new toys this week. I can't believe my baby is almost 2!
  


3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Damon mowing the lawn with Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the pictures but especially the ones of Damon hiding with the balloons and Tessa and Hallee walking holding hands! So adorable! We sure loved seeing Damon enjoy opening his birthday gifts so thanks again for coming for that! I'm glad that Damon could help Paul with the lawn with his new lawnmower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanner actually says 'Humans' all the time too! It cracks me up every single time. Last week he told me all about the many humans on the front row in Primary...referring to the Sunbeams :)

    ReplyDelete