Thursday, January 18, 2018

Around Our House

Rockwell came up with a fun idea to build towers out of red solo cups and knock them down with his dart guns. They kids had a blast with that!
He also wanted to experiment with food coloring and water. He made different combinations and studied them with his magnifying glass. Once they all were basically the same color he put different amounts in each cup and hit them with spoons to hear the different tones they made. I love that he finds learning fun!

Paul and I are doing a 21-day no junk food challenge with Mel & Earl, EJ, Elijah, Amarie, Al & Keith. Tess and Damon helped me make some blueberry muffins. I was hoping they would satisfy my sweet cravings. This challenge is hard! I definitely miss my Dr Pepper. :) Only four more days though. I can do it!

Cute boys!


Tessa and Damon were playing upstairs one evening. They came down after a while and Tessa was so proud of herself for getting Damon changed into his pajamas. She seriously is going to make a great mom one day!


Al and Katie's kids were off school on Tuesday this week. They took Tessa with them to see Ferdinand, go shopping, and eat dinner at Cafe Rio. Tessa sure loved spending all day with them!


I guess that's one way to watch a movie. :)

Al said Tess and Hallee had fun shopping. Tessa held things up and said, "Oh this would totally fit me!"


It was so nice of Al to take Tessa with them. She was in heaven getting all that time with her besties.


When I was in Oregon Paul got Damon to go poop on the potty! He went the day after I got home too. He's so proud of himself!


Grandma Ham came down to play today. Tess and Damon loved showing her their tricks, blowing bubbles, and swinging with her.



While Tessa and I were driving to dance this week Tessa said, "Look Mom, there's the MTC. It's called that because it has no water, right?" It took me a minute to realize she thinks it's called the "Empty Sea." I explained that it's the 3 letters that stand for Missionary Training Center. She laughed and said, "Oh, I thought it was a sea that had no water." So funny!

2 comments:

  1. I love the post and all the pictures! You have very intelligent children who really think! That is great! I get such a kick out of the things they say, especially Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your around the house posts. Your kids do and say the cutest things. We loved having Tessa with us. It's always a party when Tessa is there!

    ReplyDelete