Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Harry Potter Village

Rockwell and I finished reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!! He really enjoyed it. We went to the Harry Potter Village at South Towne Mall last week to celebrate reaching our goal. 
Katie and Kenzie met us there, which made it that much more fun. Rockwell adores Kenzie.
It was mostly just a souvenir shop, but they did have a little quidditch game you could play.
 
Luckily it wasn't busy at all when we were there. A wizard did a wand demonstration in Olivander's Shop, and that was really cool. He did a spell to turn on lights in the shop, then did a spell to turn on Christmas lights. He asked the kids to help with the last spell. They made it snow. It was awesome!
  
I bought a wand for Rockwell. He chose Voldemort's, and loves it! I am so proud of him for sticking with the goal we set and not complaining at all. That is a big book for a 7 year old!
  
On the way home he practiced casting the 'Lumos' spell and the 'Alohamora' spell with his new wand.  I would turn on the car lights and unlock the doors when he did them. I figured he knew what I was doing. Apparently he did not though! I dropped him off at Brig's to play on the way home, and got a message from Aubrey a few minutes later about how cool his wand is and that her kids love Harry Potter too. Then a few minutes later she texted again saying Rockwell was feeling pretty frustrated that his spells weren't working. Not my finest parenting moment, I guess. Whoops! Aubrey came up with a reason why they weren't working at her house though and he was fine after that. Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Hallee told me all about how Rockwell can cast spells. She thought that was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete