Friday, February 2, 2018

Everyday Adventures

Rockwell achieved his goal to read 100 books this school year. His teacher sent home a packet about this challenge on Back to School Night. He needed to read a certain amount of chapter books, poetry books, books about historical figures, books about Utah, the United States, other countries, etc., and then a lot of them were just books of his choosing. She hasn't said another word about the challenge, but Rockwell has kept track of all the books he's read and completed it last week. I'm very proud of him! 

We finished the 21 day no junk food challenge last week. I quite enjoyed my trip to Swig that day!

I found this picture from a few weeks ago, but wanted to put it on the blog to remember these things. This was before I went to Oregon, and was seriously in need of a break. Paul came home from work and could tell right away that I needed a minute to myself. He said he would make dinner and I should go rest in our room with the door closed. (I sure love him!) He came up there with me to change out of his work clothes. We were laying on our bed for about 1 minute trying to talk about our days, when Rockwell came in. He immediately asked me what Paul had just said. Paul was laying right there too, but he asked me to repeat what Paul had said. This happens constantly with our kids. 30 seconds after that, Tessa and Damon came in the room. Damon had a brush for some reason and immediately started brushing my hair, while Tessa was tapping my arm over and over again saying "Mom" over and over again. We both busted up laughing and Paul said he understood completely why I needed a minute to myself. He took the kids out and made dinner for us. By the 4th time Damon snuck upstairs and came in the room to ask me if I was resting and if he could leave my door open, I had to take a picture. This is the mom life right here!

Tessa had a field trip to the Bean Museum. There was an exhibit about the Titan Boa, Monster Snake upstairs. The kids sure thought that was cool.
  

Paul was gone all day Thursday and Friday with a conference and supervising basketball, so I took the kids up to Elijah's basketball game Friday afternoon and then my parents had us over for dinner after the game. Elijah played great! It was fun to see him really show emotion when he kept making 3-pointers to win the game. It was a very exciting ending.
It was nice to have dinner at my parents' house and play games afterward. Tessa picked right up on Left Right Center. Rockwell and Dante had fun playing Minecraft in the basement. Thanks for having us Mom and Dad!


This was one of those magical 20 minutes of time where everyone sat quietly reading together. I loved it!

We got to babysit Kenzie this week while Katie went on a field trip with Boston. Tessa immediately sat the little kids down to read books to them. So cute!

The weather was awesome so we spent a lot of time outside riding bikes and playing with rockets. It was so fun to play with Kenzie!

  
  

It was Family Week at Rockwell's school this week. Tessa, Damon and I went and had lunch with Rockwell one day. I promise he liked it, even though he looks angry in this picture! :)

We went to the Family Night on Thursday. They had fun stations all around the school. We made a marble maze, made our own kazoos, and played with snap circuits and Ozobots. It was a lot of fun.


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Tessa reading to the kids. How fun that you went and had lunch with Rockwell. Mom life is not for the faint at heart, that story makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete