Thursday, February 15, 2018

Life Lately

There's a cute couple across the street from us that offered to watch our kids so Paul and I could go on a date. They were Rockwell's primary teachers in our last ward and Paul coached Chad on the basketball team when he was at Timpanogos. We took them up on the offer and I went to the baseball banquet/auction with Paul. The kids were so excited to play with Chad and Ashley. That was really sweet of them!

We went to Katie's house for a Super Bowl party. Damon woke up at 5:30 that morning with a kink in his neck. He was miserable all day. We put a neck pillow around him when we drove to Katie's and he finally fell asleep. It looked super uncomfortable, but it must have stretched out the kink because after about 30 minutes at Katie's he said he felt way better. Paul and I had literally held him for 12 hours straight because he would scream in pain anytime he tried to support his own head. He started out eating dinner sitting by himself with his neck turned toward his shoulder, and eventually was running around playing. It was such a relief when he felt better!
  

Big news for Tessa last week. She started reading the Sam books and is doing great so far! She was excited to show Paul her new skills when he came home.

We did a girls night for my mom's birthday at my house. We got dinner and played games. It was such a fun night. Rockwell and Tessa loved showing off for everyone and playing Telestrations with us.
We celebrated the February birthdays with the Ham Fam. Rockwell was thrilled with all his new books and presents.
  
At the last family dinner Al saw a picture of my dad and me on the bookshelf in Dad's den, which turned into a debate on whether I'm Dad's favorite child. :) I looked through my scrapbooks and found 7 more pictures of my dad and me and placed them all around my Dad's bookshelves. I asked him to take Al in his den and talk to her, hoping she would notice all the pictures. My mom and I had our ears to the den door waiting for her reaction. It was great! She cut him off mid-sentence saying, "Wait! You have tons of pictures of Tiff. Oh my gosh, you have 5...6...7?!?! She's totally your favorite!" We were laughing so hard. The prank turned out just like I was hoping. Haha!

We went to Jon and Buffie's house last weekend. We haven't seen them in a while, and the kids were so excited to play with Olivia again!

Paul is reading Wonder to Rockwell and he is loving the book! It was so fun to listen to them laughing their heads off together.

Al and Katie were over playing last week. Damon snuggled up to Al and cuddled for a good 30 minutes. It was adorable!

I sure love the times when all three kids play well together. 

Paul made Valentine's Day great again this year. He made us crepes for breakfast, coconut shrimp and  Red Lobster biscuits for dinner, and peanut butter pie for dessert. Making it so I only have to make one meal for the day is a fabulous way to show me love. Thanks sweetie!

Tessa sure loves playing with EJ. She's turned into his little buddy and I think it's adorable.

I just want to squish Damon's face in this picture. So stinkin' cute!

Tessa has been our cuddly sweetheart lately. She gives us a hundred hugs a day and is always telling us that she loves us and we're the best parents in the world. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post and all the pictures! Paul is such a wonderful husband to make Valentines Day so special for you! What a sweetheart Tessa is! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic prank! I love Damon's smile in that picture with Rockwell.

    ReplyDelete