Sunday, February 17, 2019

Around Our House

Paul took a day off work a couple weeks ago, and Damon tagged along with him while he did some errands. They also played Nerf guns in the basement. He absolutely loved that one-on-one time with Dad!

Tessa and I spend a lot of time reading every day. She is doing awesome with her reading, because she's putting in the hard work to learn something new. I'm very proud of her and love to watch her progress.

Tessa and I were sick this past week, and it was a perfect storm week for Paul where he really wasn't home all week because of work, his calling, and real estate. My boys sure take good care of me when Paul's not around. Rockwell came home from school and did his usual routine. I wanted him to take a shower that day, so I went upstairs to ask him to take one. The shower was running and Rockwell was about to get in. I told him I was just coming up to ask him to take a shower, and he said, "I figured you wanted me to since I didn't yesterday. I'm trying to be on my very best behavior because I can tell you don't feel good." Damon was so sweet that night. I had put a show on for the kids, and was resting in the recliner. Damon came and sat with me and put his arm around me. I loved it! 
Paul was absolutely exhausted on the few sightings we had of him that week. But he spent any time he could paying attention to the kids. He really is an amazing father.

We had Cade and Emilie and their friends over for a Superbowl party. Paul and Emilie tried making their Grandpa Carmona's recipe for tortillas. They weren't very happy with how they were turning out and decided to just toss them. Paul tried again the next week, and was much happier with them. I sure thought they were delicious!

Paul was wrestling with Tessa and Damon the other day. Tessa accidentally punched Paul in the mouth, and when Paul told her she had done that, she said, "Ha! I gave you a knuckle sandwich!"

Paul and I went and did some family sealings at the Mount Timpanogos Temple with my parents, Al, Keith, and Kyle. We went and got yogurt and churros afterward. It was a fun afternoon.

My sisters and I took my mom out to dinner for her birthday last week. We went to El Pollo Loco, talked and laughed about how hard it is to raise teenagers, and then went to her house to play games. I'm glad we could spend a night celebrating her. She definitely deserves it!
My dad was so sweet, and had Valentine's chocolates for each of his daughters waiting at the house. 

We celebrated the February birthdays with the Ham Fam. Rockwell loved his gifts. You can see his tongue out as he pulls out all of his bags of popcorn. :)

2 comments:

  1. You have the sweetest children! Rockwell is amazing thinking ahead and doing what he thought you'd want him to do! Tessa is so cute reading and yes, I agree Paul is a wonderful father and so hard working! You are blessed with a wonderful family! I did get notification of your blogs this time so that's good and I appreciated you telling me about them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how sensitive your boys are to how you feel and that they want to help. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete