Friday, December 17, 2021

Christmas Break Begins

 We started our Christmas break with going to the Giving Machine at the mall. It's such a cool way to donate to people who are in need. The kids each paid for a backpack full of school supplies. And the family donated a goat, some chickens, 100 meals, and 5 menstrual care kits. 

We definitely know how impactful education can be for children. I've read about the life-changing effects a goat or some chickens can have for a family. And I've also learned about how life-changing it can be for a girl to receive supplies & education for her menstrual cycle. I love that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is making it so easy for us to help people in this way.

We went to Leatherby's after that, and I quite enjoyed the Taste of Christmas sundae.

The matching sweatshirts that I bought years ago for $1 each is too small for Rockwell now. He never thought it was very cool to match his mom (I didn't buy them for that purpose. I just couldn't pass up $1 sweatshirts and although they were in the boy's section, I thought it was really cute), but Damon asked if he could have it and was so excited for us to wear them on the same day. I wear it all the time, so he had to wait a couple days until I did laundry. But today was the day, and I loved that he was so excited to match me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Great job having your children donate to the giving machines and I'm excited for you that Damon wanted to match with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire how you look for ways to help in causes that you are passionate about Tiff. I love the matching sweatshirt picture.

    ReplyDelete