Friday, December 17, 2021

Life Lately

 Paul went to breakfast with his cohort from his Master's program. I think it's cool that they still get together every year.


Rockwell finished his NOVA program at school (previously known as DARE). On the last day, he was nominated by someone in his class for being kind to others, and was given a shirt about "feeding the good wolf." What a great award to win!! We're proud of you Rockwell!

Tessa has been missing some teeth for a very long time, and so I took her to the orthodontist. Poor thing will need a jaw expander, two phases of braces, and a retainer. Her mouth is very small and there's just not room for her teeth to grow in. She's not excited about it, but has handled her jaw expander really well so far.

Damon passed off his Gumball Math. He is learning and progressing a ton in 1st grade! I love seeing him working so hard at school when I help in his class every week. Nice job Damon!!

I took Tessa, Hallee, and Damon to see Clifford in the movie theatre to celebrate Tessa's birthday. Hallee's family had just gotten over Covid around the time of Tessa's birthday, and our family had colds and we didn't want to risk getting them sick with anything again since they were leaving on a trip the day after her party. Tessa was so excited to see Hallee when they got back in town and everyone was feeling better. Hallee came over and had dinner and played after the movie. They were so happy to be together again!

We decorated our house for Christmas and Tessa got to put the star on top of the tree.

We went to a Pickleville play in Salt Lake, Once Upon a North Pole Christmas. It was really funny and had a sweet message about the true meaning of Christmas.

We had the October/November birthday party with the Ham Fam. Tessa loved her new blanket and make-up!
We celebrated Tessa and Mel. Aren't they just cute?!

Paul gave me a gift of having an original painting made of Heavenly Mother to display in our home. I communicated with Jolynn, the art teacher at Paul's school, about what I was picturing and wanting the painting to be. It was important to me that both Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother were in it. I wanted them to be watching over us on Earth and chose to have them looking happy, because there are so many good people doing good things. I know that there are a lot of people not doing good things, but I am lucky enough to be surrounded by really good people who I believe make our Heavenly Parents very happy by the way we treat each other. The gospel that I believe in is one of love, hope, and true joy. I believe that our Heavenly Parents love us, and that by working hard to become like Them and Jesus Christ, we feel true joy. And I feel hope that our family will be together and love each other even more completely after this life. Somehow Jolynn made my ideas into a beautiful picture that is just what I wanted. I'm very happy with how it turned out, and love having it hanging in our home.
We hung it in our reading room, and changed out our family picture and our Jordan River temple picture. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Rockwell on his award for being nice! That's impressive! I'm glad Tessa is dealing with her jaw expander and that the orthodontist will be able to help her. That's great that Tessa and Hallee finally got to see each other. I love your picture and the arrangement in your reading room! That's so meaningful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockwell looks so grown up in that picture. I love your picture and I love your testimony about our Heavenly Parents.

    ReplyDelete