Tuesday, January 4, 2022

50th Wedding Anniversary

My parents had their 50th wedding anniversary on December 18th, 2021. We had a dinner party to celebrate them.

We hosted the dinner and Paul made some of their favorite foods: salmon, steak, and potato salad. :)
The Ham family that started as just the two of them fifty years ago is now a family of 37! They have always made it clear through their words and their actions that the 37 of us are what they love most in this world. Those feelings are certainly reciprocated. We all love Grandma & Grandpa, Mom & Dad, Peggy & Gary!!
All the kids chipped in for this gift. We had a really nice night of being together as a family, eating great food, and hearing stories and seeing pictures from when Mom & Dad were younger. 
Jonah made them a sign that said The Hams: Established 1971 in his welding class. It was so cool!
Paige and Rockwell had Matt & Lori and Gary & Julie on FaceTime so they could be part of the party and see the pictures from Mom & Dad's wedding album.
Being Gary and Peggy Ham's daughter is truly one of my very best blessings. They both worked so hard to teach us about Christ and to follow His example. They never took the "easy" road when it came to raising their kids. They were very intentional and consistent in doing the things that they believe were best for their children. Their words and their actions always aligned, which made them very easy to trust and to love. They worked very hard to provide opportunities for each of us to get an education and helped us all understand the importance and power that could give our lives. I loved that my mom helped in my classrooms in elementary school. I loved that she was home with a healthy snack when I got home from school. She's always been willing to listen to me talk, even when I'm sure not everything I said as a child was interesting! :) I loved that my dad (and my mom) would take me hiking. We have had some great conversations on the trails. I loved that my dad would involve me in his hobbies like bike riding, watching movies, and BYU football. I loved that my mom and dad took the time to get to know my friends and always made them feel welcome at our house. I loved that they came to my classroom just to see me teach. I appreciate how encouraging and complimentary they have been to Paul and me as we've started our own family. I love that they love Paul like their own son. I love how involved they are in my kids' lives and how special they make each of them feel. I'm very proud to be one of the Ham kids!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for making that so special for us! I loved reliving it through your post! Thanks so much for your kind words at the end of the post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last paragraph is perfect, I couldn't agree more. You articulated it so well.

    ReplyDelete