Wednesday, July 20, 2022

This & That

It's so hard to come home from Hawaii. We were all jet-lagged and sad to not be there anymore. While we were working on all the laundry on Friday, Tessa and I watched Soul Surfer. She wanted to learn about Bethany Hamilton's story, and it was so fun to see places in Kauai that we had just been. I cry in that movie, and when Tessa saw that she came and cuddled up to me. We watched the rest of the movie that way and I love love loved it!

Luckily we had a lot of fun things going on at home to help ease us back into normal life. Paul and Tessa went to a Daddy Daughter Date for activity days. They played games and had lunch, and they had a great time together.

Rockwell got right back to work with his lawns. He's working hard on learning how to use the trimmer this summer, and is really getting the hang of it. He has 6 lawns that he mows weekly, and also one more lawn that he just trims every other week. He's a great worker!
Paul and I went to the Garth Brooks concert with the Loosli's and Carr's. Man that was a good concert!!
We got there early and ate dinner at the stadium. The show started late because of the wind, so we had a lot of time to hang out. Garth put on such a fun show! I love so many of his songs. He was on stage for 3 hours! It was so exciting when his wife Tricia Yearwood came out too! It was like a free bonus concert because I love so many of her songs too!
It was such a fun night, and one of the best concerts I've been to.
Sunday was Father's Day. We love celebrating Paul and what an amazing father and husband he is! We couldn't love him any more! 
Rockwell got to go rappelling with the Deacons. They hiked to Battle Creek Falls, and then rappelled down the waterfall. He said he was nervous the first couple times he went, and then he loved it the rest of the times.
Katie, Audrey, and I took Al to dinner for her birthday. We did a little shopping afterward, and the sky was gorgeous when we came out of the store!
Tessa got to dog-sit Sadie and loved taking her for a walk to the park. I sat in the shade with Sadie while Tessa and Damon played on the playground for a while. She really is such a cute dog!
I got to take Rockwell to the Mount Timpanogos Temple to do baptisms for the dead. I was a witness while he was getting baptized, and it was so cool to be there with him.
The kids were so excited to play with Hallee and Wyatt again. They missed them while we were gone!
We drove up to Taylorsville so Paul could help Grandpa Ham install leaf guards on their rain gutters, and also drop our van off for Gary & Julie to use while they were in town. Tessa, Damon and I stopped in at Cabella's on the way so I could buy a new CamelBak. They love to see the animals there, and Tessa was especially excited to see a wolf. She loves wolves right now!

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are so great and I'm sure it was hard to come home from Hawaii. That was really cool that Tessa cuddled up with you while you watched soul surfer and I don't blame you for crying. Rockwell is an amazing worker and I was glad to hear today that Damon is going to be able to pick up fruit and earn some money. You're getting him started off right too! That was a beautiful sunset when you took Al to dinner for her birthday. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Tessa and Paul, so cute. We sure missed you guys while you were in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done so much already this summer, packing in tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete