Monday, March 6, 2023

Snow Day

 Last Tuesday night/Wednesday we had quite the snow storm! The district declared it an online learning day, and the kids were thrilled!

I took a turn helping each of the kids with their assignments.
Rockwell's assignment for P.E. was to exercise for 30 minutes straight, and he could earn extra points if he also did some service for somebody. He and Paul went out and shoveled a bunch of houses. 
Tessa was excited that her teacher set up a Google Meet where the kids could just hang out for a while.
When they were all finished with their schoolwork I took the kids to Oak Canyon so they could do some sledding. It was SO cold and windy, I don't know how they had any fun. I lasted for about 45 minutes, and then I was so cold I was in pain and called it for the day. :)

3 comments:

  1. There was so much snow and it was so heavy, that was a great way for Rockwell to get exercise and serve, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are great and show the amount of snow you got. I'm sure the kids were so excited about not having to go to school! That was a great way for Rockwell to get his exercise and do service too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for giving up after 40 minutes! It was very cold that day!

    ReplyDelete