Friday, July 15, 2016

Life Lately

We found some cool shells in San Diego that had perfect holes in them for making necklaces. The kids had fun making some for themselves and Wyatt and Hallee.
  

Al took Rockwell to Classic with her kids. He had a blast. Hallee came to play with Tessa while they went. Everyone was happy. :)

One of my least favorite responsibilities is cutting baby's/toddler's nails. I always break a sweat trying to distract them from what's happening and actually getting all 20 nails cut. When I cut the older kids' nails they sit on a blanket and then I shake the nails outside when we're done. Damon watched me cut Rock and Tessa's nails one day. When I finished with both of them, he walked over, sat himself down on the blanket, and held his hand out for me to cut his nails. He sat there while I cut both hands and toes, and then stood up and clapped for himself. I couldn't believe it. He's amazing! Then he wanted to cut Tessa's nails too. :)

My friends and I went to dinner for Al's birthday. It's always a fun night with these ladies. Especially when we all get free dessert at Cafe Rio. :)

We went to Al and Keith's for cake and ice cream to celebrate Wyatt and Hallee's birthdays. Hallee was so sweet to share her new presents with Tessa. 
It was so cute to watch the girls playing Just Dance.

Tessa and Rockwell came up with a few tricks to show me on their bikes. Tessa's pose in this picture is cracking me up!

We did a few small fireworks one night. The names of them sounded cool, but they didn't end up being all that great. Tessa came out of her bed crying that night. As I was walking her back to bed, delirious and teary, she said, "I really didn't like those fireworks." Ha! We tried.
  
  


1 comment:

  1. Love Tessa's pose! I still can't believe Damon did that, wait actually I can!

    ReplyDelete