Friday, November 18, 2016

Life Lately

The weather has been so warm this fall, and we have loved being able to play outside.
  


The kids and I had fun raking the leaves one day. We have so many leaves, it didn't take much to make a giant pile. They loved jumping in it.
   


Rockwell is loving his soccer league. Indoor is definitely different, but he's getting the hang of it. He's just happy as can be to be playing again.


Damon is just the cutest thing right now, and he knows it.

I usually get Damon out of bed while the older kids are eating breakfast. When I bring him downstairs, he wants to get down in the hall. Then he peeks around the corner and says, "Hi!" He totally acts like he's decided to grace us all with his presence by waking up. It's hilarious. And we all play right into it. When he says hi, the kids get so excited and run over and give him 3 hugs each. He's still so naughty right now, but luckily he's as cute and sweet as he is naughty!




It's fun that Damon is old enough to play with Rockwell and Tessa now. One day Damon was holding both their hands and making them run all over the house. They were all laughing hysterically.
They love to play in the basement. When the kids want Damon to go play down there with them, they say, "Damon, go go!" That's what he says every time he goes down the slide, so he gets all excited and runs down there with them.

Paul and I were watching a movie one night, and Tessa came down all sad from a scary dream. She cuddled with me for the rest of the movie. I just love cuddling with my kids!

I helped in Rockwell's classroom again last week. Tessa thought it was so cool to stamp the homework.
I took a squirt bottle to entertain Damon. It's one of his favorite things. While I was helping each kid in the class put a sticker in their community scrapbook, Tessa used the squirt bottle to comb Damon's hair. If you look closely you can see water dripping off his nose. She got a little carried away. :)

We wrote letters to Santa this week. We're getting so excited for the holiday season.

Marmie stopped by one night with Tessa's birthday present. It was fun to see her and visit for a while.

Damon started nursery on Sunday. He didn't shed a tear. The leader said he got nervous a couple times, but was just fine. Let's hope next week goes as smoothly!

We love when Al, Mel, and Grandma Ham come to play on Wednesdays.

Rockwell's primary teacher texted the other day and said this week's lesson is on service. She asked me to watch for ways Rockwell serves others throughout the week and let her know of an example. That was so easy. Just that day he cleaned up Damon's breakfast dishes, threw away his cousins' garbage he noticed on the floor, and held Tessa's hand and comforted her when she was afraid of the dark. I also included the sweet note he wrote me a couple days before when I wasn't feeling well. 
He is a genuinely sweet and caring boy. I'm so proud of the person he chooses to be.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I love reading about the cute things your children do! They are just too cute and sweet. Rockwell is such a mature boy and so sweet! You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, love the kids!

    ReplyDelete