Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Around Our House

We went to the Orem City Lighting for family night. Paul's school and Rockwell's school received the city's kindness awards, which were presented at the lighting. They had donuts and hot chocolate, musical numbers, and Santa came on a fire truck. Unfortunately there was a crazy rainstorm that night, so we were pretty soaked and cold by the end of it.

Marmie stopped by for a visit and to bring Tessa her birthday present. We were so excited to spend some time with her.

Damon is at a super challenging age right now. He is into absolutely everything he shouldn't be, he whines/screams a lot, and he is CRAZY attached to me. There's pretty much nothing he can't get into. He scoots chairs around the house to get all the things I put up high. He prefers to make all our toys into some sort of dangerous game instead of just playing with them. If I take my eyes off him at all, he gets into some sort of trouble. Also, he yells, "Ow!" super loud if anything doesn't go his way. I'm just waiting for someone to say something about me hurting my kid when we're out in public, because he really makes it sound like I am.  
  
Somehow, at the same time, he is the cutest, funniest little thing ever! He is still quite sweet and cuddles with me at least a couple times a day. When I tell him no, he does this squishy face smile, which makes me laugh every time. Seriously, how can you stay frustrated looking at that squishy face?!? 
  

We had our November dinner/birthday party at Grandma and Grandpa Ham's. Tessa loved having another celebration for her birthday.
She had fun making jewelry the next day with her jewelry kit Grandma and Grandpa gave her.

Mel, Al, and I got together to watch Gilmore Girls. We started at Al's house, stopped for dinner, and finished up at my house. It was fun to watch it with my sisters. 

We decorated for Christmas, and the war quickly began between Paul and Rockwell for the color of the lights on the Christmas tree. :) 
We have a "toddler Christmas tree", where it's only decorated on the top half of the tree. Damon loves the lights, and has been really good about only touching them softly. He's knocked the little tree in Rock and Tessa's room over a few times, but luckily has been really good about the big one. :)

The kids were playing ring around the rosies with Damon. He loves that game. It was so cute to watch and listen to them all laughing together.

Damon decided he's done with his high chair. He loves sitting at the table with us.
He has a booster chair (which Tessa calls the caboose. Ha!). Tessa always wants to sit by him at lunch and they have a great time while they eat. 

My mom was so sweet and offered to come watch my kids while I went Christmas shopping. It was fabulous to go shopping by myself in the middle of the day! Tessa and Damon loved getting some Grandma time.


Paul and I went on a date to see the new Dan Brown movie, Inferno. I always love seeing movies after I've read the book. We ate at Shoots before the movie, one of our favorite places to eat without the kids.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Damon under the sink. It would be impossible to stay mad at that cute face!

    ReplyDelete