Monday, June 1, 2020

Quarantine Week 11

Paul made some bacon Sunday morning, and I went outside and found Rockwell eating it on the swing. It made me laugh because I had found Tessa multitasking on the swing with a book, and then found Rockwell multitasking with bacon. :)

It's really hard to come up with things that Damon can do right now that aren't watching screens. I helped him swing on Sunday, and that was fun.

We had a Ham Fam dinner that evening. Some of us went to visit Jen's grave. This is only the second time I have gone there. It was a better experience being there with family and talking about our memories of Jen. 
We had such a great time hanging out with the family that evening.
Rockwell and I met some of the family in Rose Canyon for a hike Monday morning.
We hiked 4 miles, and saw different kinds of beauty along the way. There were orange trees, purple flowers, a small stream, and flowering cacti at the top.
I love hiking for the physical exercise, the beauty, and for the conversation! I feel like I always learn something new about the people I'm hiking with, and connect better with them on the trail. I really enjoyed talking with Gary, Julie, and Lindy on this hike. They are each genuinely good people, and I'm so excited for Lindy to move to Provo in the fall. And Rockwell had a blast with Gary's kids and Jonah. My plan was to go home for a few hours after the hike, and then head back up to Grandma's with Paul, Tessa, and Damon for the BBQ. Julie overheard Rockwell telling me that he wanted to go to Grandma's house right away, and said he was welcome to go over there with her family. He was thrilled! He wanted to keep hanging out with the cousins, and I loved how included they all made him feel even though he's younger than them all. 
Near the end of the hike, we found a ton of butterflies. Gary was patient, and one of them climbed onto his hand. They were so pretty.
We also found this hut with a fire pit inside, and the boys thought it was awesome.
Rockwell had so much fun at Grandma's house that afternoon. Kyle let everyone ride his longboard around the neighborhood. By the time Paul and I got there, Rockwell was riding like a pro. He thought it was so fun to sit on it and ride down the hills all the way back to Grandma's house. I was so impressed to see him just hop on it and ride it up to the hill.
The kids were in absolute cousin heaven all night, and they all think Kyle's girlfriend Paige is so much fun. We all loved having Caleb there and getting to hang out with him again.



The kids were all about learning how to ride their skateboards and penny boards the rest of the week. They are getting pretty good on them!


Tessa and Damon were also all about collecting bugs this week. We would walk/ride around the block in the mornings, looking for bugs to put in their bug houses.

Damon's bug house could conveniently hang on his sling. :)



It got very hot outside this week, so Rockwell and Tessa spent a lot of time in water. They did the little pool and sprinkler one day. Their faces were so funny when they sat in the freezing cold water. :)



How cute is Tessa's new swimsuit and skirt?! The blue hair that she bought at the dollar store goes perfectly with it too. :)

Damon and I watched from the porch. I tried to get my new Take a Hike shirt in the picture. This is the one that Paul ordered for Mother's Day, and it came this week.

Paul was very busy with real estate this week, but he was able to be home on Friday. I took Rockwell and Tessa to Katie's house to swim, and Paul stayed home with Damon. It was a really nice break to not be worrying about Damon playing too hard and getting hurt again. It was so nice to hang out with Katie and Al and get out of the house. Katie's physical health has improved so much since last week, and it was so so so nice to see that.



Rockwell and Tessa had an absolute blast swimming with their friends all afternoon and evening. Rockwell, Wyatt, and Boston have so much fun making up games together. I love each of their diving board poses. :)



Tessa, Hallee, and Kenzie made up games of their own and loved trying new tricks in the water.



Tessa did a lot of front flips off the diving board.



Tessa loved when Katie brought Mookie outside to play!


Rockwell and Tessa helped Paul mow the lawn on Saturday, and then played on the slip-n-slide.


We have been missing Kauai a lot lately, and decided to try some snow cones from Hokulia because they claim to be just like the shave ice in Kauai. They tasted a lot like the ones from JoJo's, and we will definitely be going back for more this summer!


Katie called me the night before her surgery to tell me what they had named their baby. She said they had decided on Kayla Tiffany. I immediately started bawling, and had a hard time stopping the rest of that night. That is such an honor! And one that I wasn't expecting at all. I have never known life without Katie, and that has been an enormous blessing in my life. Growing up with Katie right around the block, and remaining best friends throughout our adult lives has been such a source of comfort for me. There is real joy and peace from having my besties as such a constant through every stage of my life. I wish I could have gotten to know Kayla on this earth. I look forward to getting to know her after this life.

2 comments:

  1. I love all your pictures but the one of Tessa's new swimsuit with the blue hair was really a standout as were the boys dives in the swimming pool at Katie's and Tessa's flips off the diving board. It looks like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was all so fun. Jonah loved hanging out with Rockwell. I completely agree with Katie's tribute to you. We are so lucky to have you in our lives!

    ReplyDelete