Thursday, June 17, 2021

This & That

 Paul's friend Karen hired Rockwell to come mow her lawn for a wedding they were having there. It looked amazing!

He is mowing the Loosle's, Chao's, and Thompson's yards every week this summer. They all are so happy with his work, and he is loving having that income every week.

Damon wants to earn money too, so we've been coming up with some things for him to do around our house. He's helped with weeding and fertilizing the plants.
He wanted to do a lemonade stand. He was so excited with the $4 he earned from that.

Tessa has been begging to color her hair for a while now. We got her some hair chalk, and that has been great. She put some in Damon's hair the other day to make him a "rocker." :) They got dressed for the part and put on rock music on Alexa. It was adorable.
 

Tessa was riding her bike over to Roxanne's house (2 houses away!) to go play in her backyard. She fell off her bike and came running right back over with a bloody head that looked pretty serious. I figured I would have to take her to the doctor, but knew that head wounds bleed a ton and can look worse than they really are. I very carefully searched through her bloody hair but couldn't see much of anything. I decided to wash her hair so I could see better. After washing all the blood out, it looked like she scraped her head. There were a few little scrapes, but luckily no cuts or anything that looked like it would need staples. We were both so grateful! I had a good talk with the kids about wearing helmets after that. They have been more willing to wear them since then.

2 comments:

  1. That yard looks amazing! I'm so impressed with how hard Rockwell works. That picture of Damon weeding is adorable. I love that he wants to earn money like Rockwell. And seriously, I can't even handle how cute the pictures of Damon and Tessa are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yard Rockwell mowed does look amazing and I'm just so impressed with his work ethic and desire to work and that's great that Damon wants to work also. Such cute pictures except for Tessa's bloody head but I'm so glad she didn't have to go in to have stitches or staples. I loved the pictures of the rock stars!!

    ReplyDelete