Sunday, September 12, 2021

Clark Family Campout

 We headed up to Grandma Clark's for the annual Labor Day family campout. Paul cooked some delicious hot dogs and hamburgers while I set up the tent. It was fun to sit around the fire and visit while we ate.

The kids loved playing night games all night!
Some of us went inside to play Ligretto. We used to play that all the time, but haven't much since we've had more kids and needed to keep our eyes on them. They're old enough now, the game-playing can commence again. :)
I used to be the one to beat at Ligretto, but feel like I've slowed down in everything I do over the years. Paul was cheering me on to win again and was very proud when I did. :) So much so that he made this picture and sent it to Gramps. Haha! He's in Russia right now for work, and we all missed him being there with us.
We spent some more time around the fire and made s'mores. I love a good fire and good company!
Paul got up when the roosters started crowing the next morning and made us all a delicious breakfast. We hung around for the morning and kept visiting and playing. It was a great campout!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks fun! Paul is always so generous with his time, that is so nice that he got up and made everyone breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did look very fun and what a nice tradition! Yes, I agree with Allison that Paul is wonderful to share his time and skills to feed the family!

    ReplyDelete