Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Birthdays

 Paul and I really enjoyed our birthdays this year. Katie and Al came over and spent the day with me for my birthday. We sat in the hot tub and got some lunch. Paul got me some of my favorite treats and some very thoughtful presents. He said they were from the kids, which was his way of getting around the fact that my bike was supposed to be my only present this year. :) He got me a necklace that has the ocean, mountains, and sun on it. All of my favorite things. He also got me a bracelet with pine trees all around it, and the inside says "The mountains are calling, and I must go..." It's so true! :)

The kids each wrote me a very sweet note. I will treasure those forever.
After dinner we watched family videos. I love watching our old videos.

I took some lunch over to Paul on his birthday. It was nice to spend a little time with him in his library. He opened his presents when he got home from work.
I was pretty excited to surprise him with this one. :)
Paul chose Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then we stopped and bought some pumpkins on the way home. We turned on some music and the kids painted their pumpkins. It was a really fun night.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you and Paul both had great birthdays and I'm so glad. Your children are very artistic on the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Paul are so good at picking out presents for each other. I love to see the thoughtful things you get each other!

    ReplyDelete