Saturday, October 22, 2022

Life Lately

With our school schedule, I've missed being able to go hiking with my family. I've tried to find trails around Orem that I can do by myself. I hiked to Upper Falls one day.


I knew that the Battle Creek Falls trail goes beyond the falls, but I've never tried it. 
I decided to give it a try, and oh my heck it is a challenge! It has a relentless incline. The trail follows along the river for a while and it's fun to be right by the water.
You have to cross over the water a couple times too which is fun.
I didn't make it too far on the first hike before I was spent and had to head down.
I've gone back a few times and gone a little further each time. The furthest I've made it so far is 2 miles up. Each time I can't believe how steep it is! It's been fun to see a little bit more of the trail each time.

I got to go watch Tessa's Rad Kids simulation. I'm glad they have this program at the school. It teaches the kids good skills about what to do if a stranger approaches them.

Rockwell, Aiden, and Ashton have gotten into rollerblading lately. That's their new favorite thing to do when they go to Classic.

I finally got around to refinishing the desk that we got from my parents when Alexys moved out. Rockwell chose the color and has loved having it in his room.

Damon is starting to gain a love of reading, and it makes me so happy. Their school has a "Baggy Books" program, so he always has new books on his reading level to bring home. My favorite was when he read an Amelia Bedelia book. He was reading some out loud to me and he kept saying "Amelia Bubelia." It was the cutest!! I'm so glad I took a video of him reading because by that night he had realized that he was saying it wrong and corrected it. I'm glad I'll have that video forever. :)

This is how we found Tessa sleeping one night: in the splits. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the desk. I can't believe Tessa can sleep like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great blog with super pictures. I love the one of Tessa sleeping in the splits and the one of Damon reading and you did a great job on the desk and I'm glad Rockwell likes having it in his room. Damon's pronunciation of Amelia Bedelia was so funny!

    ReplyDelete