Sunday, January 7, 2024

New Year's Eve

 The kids really wanted to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve. Paul said he would stay up with them and make it a fun night... and I said I would give it my best shot. Haha. ) Paul made a delicious dinner of steak, shrimp, cauliflower, and rolls. It was so good! After dinner we watched America's Funniest Videos and then made ice cream sundaes and played Beat The Parents. 

In that game, the kids make a wager and the parents make a wager, and then whoever wins the game gets to have their wager come true. It adds a whole level of competition knowing that you can win the wager as well as the game. The kids' wager was that we would have pizza for dinner 3 nights in a row, and the parents' wager was that the kids would do all the dishes for 2 days in a row. It was a really fun game and we all laughed a ton while playing it.

It's mostly a game of trivia, but the last round is physical challenges. The game was won by the Ballerina Challenge, which was who could stay up on their toes the longest. It got down to Tessa and me, and Tessa outlasted me. She won it for the kids' team!!
After that we watched The Three Amigos. I fell asleep, and woke up when the movie was over. It was about 5 minutes before midnight, so I got to watch the ball drop and wish everyone a Happy New Year. :) It was a really fun New Year's Eve!! And we all enjoyed pizza for dinner for the next 3 nights. :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks so fun! I love that the kids won three nights of pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a hilarious game and I'd love pizza 3 nights in a row. Glad you got to watch the ball drop. :)

    ReplyDelete