Monday, September 21, 2015

Around Our House Lately

I tried to let Paul have some time to work while the sun was still shining on Saturday. He stays up way too late working on homework way too often. There was a puppet festival at the library so I took the kids to that. They had popcorn during the shows and taught the kids how to use their hands to make it look like the puppets are talking.
 You could make your own paper sack puppets and draw with chalk on the sidewalks going around the library. It was a fun little outing for us. 
Paul and the kids had quite the wrestling match on the tramp the other night.  
 They were all pretending they were different animals and attacking each other. I was laughing hysterically at Tessa. She took this game so seriously. She would stalk around on the grass and then sneak up behind Paul and pounce on him with the most tiger/dog/cat/cheetah-like look on her face. She did not break character (of whatever animal she was at the time) even once. 
There was a whole lot of screaming and growling and hissing, and Damon kept looking at them like they were crazy. :)
 I asked Rockwell to play with Damon while I ran upstairs to get ready one morning. He came up to my room a couple minutes later and said, "Damon started to cry a bit and I thought he might be hot, so I opened his jammies." Haha!
 Rockwell wanted me to take a picture of the tire marks he made on the sidewalk. This has been his bike of choice this week.
 Tessa still loves the wiggle car.
 Tessa and Rockwell both still just love having baby Damon around.
 I do too! This is how I'm greeted every morning, after a solid 11-12 hours of sleep from this champ. Love him!!
Damon and Grandma got a nice nap together last week.
 Rockwell and I went on a walk on Sunday and he came home with 15 new treasures for his collection. The most exciting find was acorns.
 The kids have a new trick they've been working on lately. They can both walk up the slide without any hands or hesitation. Rockwell can walk down the same way, and Tessa is pretty close to being able to do it too. It's pretty impressive. 
 They love to talk over the fence to their friend Eden. It's fun to have a friend so close. If one of them wants to play they just open the back door and call each other's name. 
 Damon zonked out while I was helping Rockwell with homework. He was hanging off my shoulder, sound asleep. 
 Today while Rockwell was doing his homework Tessa kept telling him, "You need to do your homework Rockwell." And then switched to, "You're doing a great job buddy." She's giving him 2 thumbs up in this picture. :)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! You are a wonderful mom Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures except the one of me! What cute children you have and what a great mom and dad they have!

    ReplyDelete