Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Crazy Rain

We had quite the rainstorms today. There was a break for a couple hours, so I thought we were safe to go to a couple stores. While we were in Old Navy the rain started again with a fury. Rockwell has wanted to buy a bouncy ball from Old Navy for quite a while now. He took a quarter for himself and one for Tessa because he wanted to buy one for her too, but he forgot his wallet in the car. I told him we could run back in after we shopped and buy them real quick. I totally forgot about it while we were running through ankle-deep puddles and pelting rain, but as soon as we got in the car Rockwell saw his wallet and remembered I had said we could go back in. I so very much didn't want to go back  through that rain with 3 kids, but I hate to not follow through with what I tell people. So we ran back to the store. Tessa was not happy about how soaked she was getting and started to cry. As we were running I was yelling, "This is fun Tess! It's an adventure!" She didn't buy it. :) 
After all that running in the rain I decided not to go to any more stores and head home instead. The kids did some more puddle jumping, in more appropriate clothes. 
Paul supervised a soccer game tonight. There was a ton of thunder and some lightning while I was getting the kids ready for bed. When it was time to say prayers, Rockwell asked me to pray that Dad would be kept very safe during the storm. He is such a thoughtful boy. I love that he knows he can pray to Heavenly Father for things he's worried about.

1 comment: