Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Funny Funny Kids

My kids crack me up. I absolutely love each of their personalities. I have written down a few things over the past year so I wouldn't forget them (Most of them are from last summer/fall). Now that I blog, I thought I would put them on here:

Rockwell
***Rockwell has been motivated to eat for a few months (July 2014) by the idea of "getting big like Daddy." He really didn't want to eat his breakfast the other morning, but I told him he needed to eat it all. I didn't mention anything about getting big, but after looking at his food for a minute he said, "I'm big enough."
***If you ask Rockwell how you get big muscles he will quickly respond, "Eat, exercise, sleep!"
***We were watching home movies one night and Rockwell asked where Tessa was. I told him she wasn't born yet, I think she was in my tummy still. He said, "Oh, you hadn't spit her out yet?"
***Wyatt taught Rockwell how to pee in the backyard. After seeing this, I asked Rockwell about it when we were home. I asked if he and Wyatt pee on his grass. He said, "No Mom. (like 'Duh, of course not!') We pee under the deck!"
***When Rockwell is scared of something he says, "I'm scary."
***I took the kids downtown with Al, Audrey, Katie, and all their kids. Rockwell fell in a fountain on Temple Square.
***Instead of 'girls' Rockwell says 'grills.' He calls Tessa 'baby grill.'
***Rockwell wanted me to stay in the bathroom with him, so I sat on the tub while he took care of business. He did a big, airy toot and asked me if I heard the air come out of his bum. I said yes. He said, "It's like a volcano!" while making explosion motions with his hands.
***I squeezed Rockwell really hard in a hug and he said, "Uhh Mom! You're breaking my heart!"
***Rockwell has started praying by himself. He was saying the family prayer before bed, and he prayed that the new baby (Damon) will have tiny baby muscles.
***We were talking to Rockwell about kindergarten and he asked what his principal's name is. Paul said Mr. Woodhouse. Rockwell started laughing and said, "Is he a pig?!" He followed with, "Guys! I'm joking. Like the 3 Little Pigs...a house made of wood..."
***Rockwell, Paul and I were watching America's Funniest Videos after Tessa had gone to bed. Rockwell was snacking on some peanuts. Paul told him that when his bowl of peanuts were gone, it would be time for him to go to bed also. A few minutes later Paul asked Rockwell if he was still eating them. Rock said yes, but had a smirk on his face. Paul told him to open his mouth. The peanuts were long gone and he was pretending to chew. He said, "I was trying to trick you guys!"
***Rockwell, Tessa and I were eating dinner and out of the blue Rockwell asked me, "Why are dads not very smart, only moms?"

Tessa
***Tessa has the cutest lisp right now (summer 2014) Whenever she says something is hers, she says "Tetha'th." Too cute! Also swimsuit = thwimthuit   (Summer 2015 she calls her swimsuit 'swimswuit.')
***Every time we put powder in Tessa's diaper she laughs and says, "Tickles my bum!"
***We were running through the sprinklers in our backyard and Tessa was running around the perimeter barely getting wet. She was laughing saying, "Water (Watee). Getting my bum!"
***Tessa calls Rockwell "Rock el." (Quite frequently!)
***When Tess wants something she says, "Me, my, mine!"
***Both the kids say 'noo-noo' for Noodle. Tessa loves Elmo. When she sees Mr. Noodle on Elmo's World she says, "Noo-noo!"
***When Tessa drops something she says, "Woopies!" (Woopsies)
***Tessa says 'Holy cowy!' and 'Oh my goshy!' when she sees something cool.
***When Tessa gets mad, her go-to insult is to say you're someone else. For quite a while, every night at dinner she would tell me I'm not Mama, I'm Rockwell. And Paul isn't Dad, he's Mama, etc. etc. One night she was extra upset and had gone through all of our name substitutions, and she pointed at Paul and said, "You're not Daddy, you're garbage!"
***I told the kids we needed to go to some stores, and they asked which ones. I said we were going to Hobby Lobby first. When we pulled into the parking lot, Tessa asked, "Is this Laffy Taffy?" I asked if she meant Hobby Lobby, and she just laughed and said, "Oh ya. Is this Hobby Lobby?"
 


3 comments:

  1. Your kids are so funny. I love all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such treasures!! Kids are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so smart to write these things so you can remember because even the things we think we'll remember do slip away over time. These were so funny and precious!

    ReplyDelete