Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Summer Week 5

Damon got his cast removed on Monday!! We were all so excited for that. The bones look good and the hole where the pin went through his arm has closed. He shouldn't do cartwheels or monkey bars or jump on the trampoline for a few more weeks, but he's sure enjoying the freedom of having his arm back now!!
Luckily the weather was really cool on Monday, so as soon as we got home from the doctors office I asked if he wanted to get in the hot tub. He was so excited! It was pretty funny to watch him keep his arm out of the water out of habit for the first few minutes though. :)
After a few reminders that he can get it wet now, he got used to it and had a blast swimming around in there.
He wanted to get in the next day too.

We found the boys watching tv like this. I think Damon got the more comfortable end of this situation. :)

Paul enjoyed his day of work on Thursday. Kenny Bruun took him and Theron to lunch to discuss his title company, and then Josh took them and AJ golfing to discuss AJ's lending qualifications. Not a bad day of work!!

Al could tell I was feeling anxious about a few things, and so she asked if my kids could go play at her house to give me some alone time. She's so thoughtful like that. The kids loved playing at her house, and I used my alone time to go to Costco. I haven't been since the whole Covid-19 hit, so it was quite the shopping trip! It was such a relief to do that without any of the kids. Thank you for being so sweet Al!
Mel came down that night and we went to see Matilda at Hale Center Theatre in Orem. It was such a funny show. I really enjoyed it.

Rockwell decided to ask the Chao's if they want to hire him to mow their lawn too. He practiced what he was going to say and did a great job of knocking on their door and explaining what services he offers and his price. He was prepared for a yes or a no answer. They said that it would be great this weekend, but they won't have him do it regularly. He was thrilled to be able to do it one time, since they also paid him $20. Their yard is smaller than the Loosle's, so he said that he would charge $10, but they insisted on $20. I loved looking out the window and seeing him working hard.
It looked great when he finished!

Matt and Lori came to Utah for the 4th of July weekend. Lori and the kids are staying for a couple more weeks, but Matt drove back home on Monday so he can get back to work. EJ was able to drive here for the weekend too. I love that Colorado is close enough that he can drive home now. We decided to raft the Provo River on Friday.



We were pleasantly surprised to find out we could all fit in one raft!

It is so beautiful there. Provo Canyon with family is good for my soul!

We stopped to pull the raft out and over the bridges, and took our time getting back in. It was so pretty and a few of us wanted to put our legs in the water.

Matt found "the perfect picture spot."

I love this picture with Matt waving in Al's glasses!

After the river, the whole family went to Katie's house to swim. She is such a generous and thoughtful person. Her family was spending the day in the canyon, so she said the Ham Fam could have the pool to ourselves. We had a great time there!






Saturday was the 4th of July. The Clark family came to our house to celebrate with a bbq and fireworks. Grandma and Gramps came over a couple hours before everyone else, and we loved spending some time with them. Damon was excited for the birthday present they brought for him.

The bbq was delicious, and we had a great time visiting and laughing with everyone.


You know it's good conversation and memories when Carrie laughs so hard she cries! :)

Brent brought all the fireworks he wasn't able to use last year with the weather being so windy. He put on an amazing show!




The kids were in cousin heaven all night! They ran around and played and had a great time.

My favorite part of the 4th of July is a firework show set to patriotic music. We usually go to some sort of event where there is a professional show with all the classic America songs, but that didn't happen this year with the darn Rona. While we were watching the fireworks at our house, I put some music on my phone. I always love Lee Greenwood's God Bless The USA, but this year the words stuck out to me even more than usual. We are having some major problems in our country right now with people trying to change the meaning of our flag and erase history and the good that our Founding Fathers accomplished in setting up our nation the way that it is. I love our flag and the symbol of freedom and unity that it is. I'm grateful for the sacrifices that so many people, although imperfect as they were (of course!), have made and continue to make for us to have the opportunity to live in a free nation.
Where the flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
 Who gave that right to me
And I gladly stand up next to you
And defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the USA

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with Rockwell's work ethic. He is amazing. Hooray for no more cast! It was so nice to have so many fun things last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I'm grateful for our country also and so saddened by all the scary things going on now trying to change our history! We are so blessed to live in this great country! I'm glad you had a great 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete