Friday, August 7, 2015

Ham Family Reunion

Gary and Matt and their families came last week for the 2015 Ham Family Reunion. The kids and I went up to Taylorsville on Wednesday, and the adults went to lunch while the older kids and Grandpa watched the younger kids. Caitlyn and Amarie took good care of Tessa.

Everyone went to The Wairhouse after that. The kids were just blurs in any picture I tried to take since they were on trampolines the whole time, but I got some really cute videos. I'll have to figure out how to get those on the blog sometime. Tessa loved jumping into the foam pit. It was absolutely adorable watching tiny Tessa jump up to the edge and then jump right into the pit with no fear whatsoever. She did it over and over. Rockwell and Wyatt could have stayed there all day playing basketball, dodgeball, doing tricks into the pit, and jumping all over the place.


Paul came up for a BBQ and then took the kids home so I could spend some time with my siblings. Paul's always so great to make sure I get as much time with my family as I can when they're in town. Going places with 3 kids is tough work. Everyone was so helpful all week with my children.


I'm pretty sure Gary would have taken Damon home with him if I would have let him. :)



On Thursday we went to Leatherby's after lunch, which is always a family reunion favorite. 




Ashley had Damon just about laughing. He definitely never wanted for attention during the reunion. He has lots of adoring fans. :)

We played at Grandma's house before and after so we could play with cousins as much as possible. Everyone went swimming in the evening, but I'm not comfortable taking 3 kids swimming without Paul around so we headed home to get some sleep before family pictures the next morning. 


After pictures on Friday, we spent the rest of the day in Milcreek Canyon. The mountains are my little family's happy place. Rocks, dirt, rivers, sticks, a campfire, hiking, fresh air...it doesn't get much better than that. 

Damon wasn't too impressed with the cold stream on his toes.

But Rockwell and Tessa had a blast in the stream.




Rockwell also spent a good amount of time throughout the day building a tower of rocks. He loves physical projects like this and doesn't ever run out of energy until the project is completed. 

Hallee and Tessa had fun digging in the dirt and found lots of treasures. 


Paul and Rockwell had a lot of fun shooting guns. While I was taking this picture Caleb shot me! Okay, his bb ricocheted and hit my rib, but it was more fun to say my nephew shot me. :)



Roasting hot dogs and s'mores was a fun way to finish off the day.


Damon has such a contagious smile already!

That night Paul took the kids home again and I went over to Al and Keith's house. We had snacks, talked politics, and reminisced about our younger years. It was another fun reunion!



1 comment:

  1. It was fun, wasn't it? I'm so grateful for a family who love each other and getting together!

    ReplyDelete