Friday, August 28, 2015

Backyard Swimming

I asked Rockwell if he wanted me to walk him into his classroom the 2nd day of school. He said he just wanted to walk in with Brig. So I dropped them off at the curb and they walked in by themselves, cute as can be. You can barely see him and his Mario backpack in this picture. I can't get over how grown up he is!
 He doesn't want to tell me any specifics about his day right when he gets home, but luckily he will randomly tell me things throughout the afternoon. He told me that he made another friend on Thursday while he was sitting on the carpet. I asked what they did while they sat on the carpet and he said they listened to their teacher. I asked what she said and he said, "I don't know." I think he may have been a little more concerned with making a new friend than listening to Mrs. Farr. :)

I had another fun morning with these two cuties.

When Rockwell got home we decided to swim in the backyard, which is always one of our favorite things to do. 

They spent a while washing mud off all their trucks and tractors. 

They always come up with new ideas of what to do with the hose. Rockwell made a shower for Tessa in the playhouse. 

Rockwell is an amazing kid. Tessa was finished swimming before Rockwell, so I was pushing her on the swing. When Rock decided he was finished, he emptied the pool and set it out to dry and then wound up the hose and put it back nice and tidy where it belongs. I didn't ask him to do it, he just took care of it on his own. 

We finished off the afternoon with some swinging. It was a great day!




2 comments:

  1. Fun! I love the shower picture. That is so great that Rockwell cleaned up. Can he teach my kids that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockwell is amazing to clean up like that! I wish he would teach Alexys and Dante to do that also.What a fun afternoon for your creative children!

    ReplyDelete