Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Rockwell's First Day of Kindergarten

Rockwell started kindergarten today. He has been so excited to start school and has been asking for over a month when he can finally start. He is very ready for this, which made it pretty easy to drop him off today. He walked right in and got to work without looking back at us. (Paul was able to come too because his principal offered to cover his meeting for him. What a great boss!) I'm excited to see him learn and grow even more this year.




When he came home the first thing he said was, "I loved everything!" He said he made a friend and had a lot of fun. I couldn't be happier with how today went for him.

We sure missed Rockwell around the house this morning, but it was nice once we came back home and Damon put himself right to sleep and I could spend some time with my Tessa Girl.


We were excited for Rock to come home and waited on the porch for him. Tessa kept looking down the street and asking where he was. I think she's going to miss her buddy every day.

We're carpooling with our friends so Aubrey will bring the boys home each day. Brig is in a different class than Rockwell, so he's excited he will get to drive with him every day.

Paul gave Rockwell a father's blessing last night. It was a great blessing that brought me a lot of comfort and Rockwell thought it was cool to get a blessing like Damon did recently. He thanked Paul with a great big hug afterward.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm so glad he loved school so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the hug after the blessing and that Rockwell was so happy to receive the blessing! A great tradition!

    ReplyDelete