Monday, January 11, 2016

Rockwell

Rockwell is far from an ordinary-thinker. He absolutely never uses anything for what it's meant to be used for. It is completely commonplace to see things arranged in mysterious ways and places, and he always has some game that he has created to go along with them. 
He collects anything and everything I will let him and pretends they are something magical and special. He took the wrappers off every crayon in the house and made a bag of 'magical scraps.' I have no idea what his imagination is pretending they are or do, but it's been a couple weeks and he still loves to look at them and carry them around.
He is still excelling in school and maturing in ways that sure make my life easier. A couple years ago he never would have let me put a hat and scarf on him. That doesn't sound like much of a thing, but the fact that he will do it because his class decided that would be fun for their Christmas sing-a-long is a huge step for him. He's really becoming much more easy-going. He is still a strong personality who is very comfortable with being who he is, but he is much more open to trying new things. I like to see him finding that he enjoys some things that he would never have tried before.
His favorite treats are popcorn and chocolate milk. He wants to eat a huge bowl of popcorn every single day.
Rockwell is constantly telling us how strong he is and what he can pick up because he is so strong. I laughed out loud when he told me he could pick me up. Allison was infamous for telling people that when she was younger. And he is still sporting those 18-month shorts any chance he gets. He found some other Michigan shorts that he tried on over those and told me that they fit. I said, "Great. Do you want to wear those ones to bed now instead?" He said nope and took them off right away. "These are my favorite shorts!" he said.
I'm very excited to watch Rockwell grow up. He is going to be a stand out hard-worker like his dad. He is incredibly capable in anything he does. Whatever he decides to do when he grows up, he's going to be amazing at it because I know he'll give his absolute best.

2 comments:

  1. Love that boy and I love that he wanted to pick you up 😅

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is an amazing boy and I love the way he thinks and works at learning how to do things and doesn't shy away. You have taught him well!

    ReplyDelete