Thursday, June 2, 2016

Life Lately

I can't believe Rockwell is finished with Kindergarten!
1st Day of Kindergarten                                  Last Day of Kindergarten
               

Damon is getting a little more adventurous outside. He likes to ride the bikes.

Why does Tessa wearing mismatched shoes, both on the wrong feet not surprise me? Haha!

Rockwell and I met my family at the Provo River Parkway Sunday night. They had a bbq at Al's house, but since Damon was still sick we decided not to go. Rockwell was all better, so we met them there. He was so excited to play with Wyatt again.
The grandkids thought it was so cool when Grandpa and Grandma went on the giant swing!
  

I saw a friend on facebook ask at what point you're able to have nice things in your house again after having kids. I laughed pretty good at that. I love this ladder, but with 3 kids, the bottom shelf has three large pieces broken off, and the bottom picture frame has to be propped up with that box because the stand broke off a long time ago. And here's Damon knocking the tree decoration of Christ over with Paul's sandals. I think it's going to be a while!
With motherhood, you just have to accept some things as they are. I'm trying so hard to get back in the habit of running. I love it and want to do it regularly because it feels good and makes me happy. My goodness it's hard with 3 kids though! The best I've come up with is taking them to the church parking lot. They ride bikes while I push Damon in the stroller around and around the parking lot. I try so hard not to get frustrated with them when they stop me every half lap because they trip and need a bandaid, or want to show me the new trick they just came up with, or want to ride right next to me at their pace, or find a penny in a muddy puddle, or want me to carry whatever rocks/leaves/berries they've collected in the stroller pockets, etc. etc. Someday I'll be able to run at my own pace and have nice things in my house, right? For now, I'll just keep trying. And loving these little faces as they run across the parking lot yelling, "Mom, I picked this flower for you! Mom, wait up!!"

2 comments:

  1. Rockwell has grown up a lot this year, his face looks so much older in the bottom picture. You are a great mom Tiff! The church parking lot is a good idea. Bring them here when you want to run, we would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great attitude about mothering and I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete