Friday, July 14, 2017

Arizona

After San Diego, we drove straight to Arizona to spend a week at Matt and Lori's house. Al and Mel and their kids spent the week there too. I still kinda can't believe it worked out for us all to go at the same time. I'm so glad it did! We loved having that time with our extended family.
As soon as we were unpacked and settled, we went to dinner and left the kids to play with their cousins. I have such sweet nieces and nephews who were happy to watch our kids every time we wanted to go out with just the adults.

Paul and Keith were planning on flying home early Monday morning, but their flight was delayed and then canceled until Tuesday morning. I know that was a pain for both of them to miss work unexpectedly, but I was so glad Paul was still around Monday night. Tessa was playing on a bunk bed and fell off the top bed. She was really upset, which let us know that something was probably broken. We took her to an insta care, and the x-rays showed fractures in two bones, right above her wrist.

She was amazing about the whole thing. She was very cooperative for the doctor, and hasn't complained about pain since we got in the car to go to the insta care that night. We did have a good laugh when we got back to Matt & Lori's and she was showing everyone her splint. She said, "Mom, I wish you...I mean I wish Damon had two broken bones instead of me so I didn't have to wear this cast." :) Sadly, this meant no more swimming for her, but I'm pretty sure the rest of us were more concerned about this than Tessa was. The only thing she said about it was, "When my arm is better, then I can swim, huh?" She seemed very content to watch movies with me and hold Ruby every afternoon instead.

She loved having Mel and Al carry her anywhere she wanted to go. She sure loves her aunts!
  
I was also impressed with how quickly she learned to do everything with her left hand. She didn't ever need any help eating or coloring. She just went on with life and didn't let it bother her. I love that about her!

It was really fun to spend so much time with all the family. The kids were in absolute heaven living in the same house as their cousins and aunts and uncles.
Tessa and Damon loved, and I mean LOVED, Ruby. She is the sweetest thing. Rockwell wasn't afraid of her at all.
One day we met Matt for lunch. We ordered two of these giant pancakes. We couldn't believe that two pancakes could feed all of us, so we decided to order a third. We really should have believed Lori because two of them were perfect. Whoops!
Matt and Lori are such amazing hosts. Lori did so many fun things for us all, made super yummy meals, and was just so fun to hang out with.
I was so impressed with Cody and Elena too. Their whole house was taken over, along with all their belongings. They were so sweet the whole time. I'm so glad we were able to do this trip. We'll always remember it.

1 comment:

  1. You got some good pictures! I love the one of Matt and Damon. I love the one of Keith and Tessa too. This post made me homesick for the trip. It was such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete