Sunday, July 16, 2017

4th of July Celebrations

Paul and I went to Stadium of Fire Saturday night. I have really loved this both years we have gone. 
  
Hunter Hayes, Brian Reagan, and Little Big Town were the entertainment this year. Little Big Town was so good! We really love them.
The fireworks/laser show, parachuters, and flybys were really fun to watch too.

Monday night our family and Mel's family went to Sidewalk of Fire in Al & Keith's neighborhood. I was so impressed by all that the people in their neighborhood do for this celebration every year. The kids loved the games, balloon animals, face painting, bounce house, and yummy treats.
  
Cosmo even showed up!
A man in their neighborhood serves in the air force, and did a flag ceremony and presentation honoring all the past and present soldiers from the neighborhood. That was really cool.
After that they had dancing in the street until it was dark enough for fireworks. That was really fun. Rockwell and Wyatt danced a little, Tessa and Hallee put on quite a show for the family, and Damon, Paul and I danced in the street. Damon loved it! He was so adorable gettin' his groove on. :) The firework show was amazing. I love a good firework show set to patriotic music. It was a really fun night. Thanks again for the invite Al and Keith!

On Tuesday, I took Rockwell and Tessa to see Despicable Me 3. We barbecued for dinner, and then did fireworks in our front yard.
  

I am very grateful to live in the United States, and for all the freedoms we have here. I'm grateful for all the people who serve in the armed forces, who help us to keep those freedoms and to keep us safe.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Stadium of Fire was fun, I want to go again next year. I'm so glad you guys came, it made it so much more fun! I love that Cosmo is holding Tessa. I LOVE the picture of you and the kids in front of the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great pictures but I especially loved the one of Damon fishing! He is so adorable as are all your children. Your family with Cosmo was really cool also as was you all in front of the flag! I'm glad you were able to have such a fun 4th weekend!

    ReplyDelete