Sunday, October 11, 2020

School Week 8

 We had the Ham Fam birthday dinner on Sunday. Dante cleaned his room out to paint it and had a ton of things he wanted to share with Damon and Rockwell. They've both loved playing with their new toys and activities all week.

Paul was excited for his new ice cream maker, and I'm excited to spend my Barnes & Noble gift card. :)
It's fun to celebrate with Jonah every year. He's getting so tall and so grown up!

Paul covered up our dirt patch with some new sod. It looks amazing! We're all excited to have grass there again. That was a big project for him. It sure is nice to have it level now.

Damon and I went on a bike ride. He loves to ride to the church and ride around the parking lot. The sprinklers were on and I let him run through them and get soaked in his pajamas. Plus he found a penny in the parking lot. He thought that was pretty much the best day ever! I love how easily entertained 5 year olds are!!



Paul's birthday was on Tuesday. I took some sushi over to the library for lunch.
He's got his office set up and organized and it looks great. It was fun to spend some time with him during the day.
He opened presents when he got home from school.
The kids found him some great stuff at the dollar store, and I got him a few things to use in the yard and the kitchen.
We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and we quite enjoyed the adjustments they have made for the Rona. We could hear each other and enjoy ourselves much more with every other table empty. It was nice to go out. Paul wanted a pie and ice cream for dessert. The kids had some ice cream, but Paul and I were pretty stuffed from dinner, so we waited until the kids were in bed to eat the treats. It was fun to celebrate Paul and let him know how much we all love and appreciate him.

The next day I couldn't find Rockwell when he was supposed to be reading. I finally found him reading in the treehouse while eating the peanuts from Texas Roadhouse. The fall weather is so pleasant right now. The kids are outside all the time and I love it. We have leaves absolutely everywhere in our house and the kids' clothes and hair, which can drive me nuts at times, but it's worth it.

One day the kids were doing tricks on the trampoline, while one of them would watch from the slide and then hold up scores for their tricks. We thought that was pretty funny. I love to see what they come up with to play outside.




We did a fire last night. Paul and Rockwell roasted marshmallows, and Tessa and Damon played on the swings. I enjoyed the fire and loved spending the evening outside with the family.


We bought some pumpkins last night and painted them today. I told the kids they could each have $5 to spend on pumpkins. They loved searching for just what they wanted. We had fun painting them today, and they turned out great!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I will show Dante the part about him when he's home sometime and I think it will make him happy! I'm glad you went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner for Paul's birthday and that Rockwell got to eat the peanuts from there in the treehouse. What fun! The pumpkins turned out so cute and that was great to let them pick out the ones they wanted with a limit. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they hold up scores, that is adorable.

    ReplyDelete