Sunday, January 3, 2021

Christmas Break Week 1

 Damon lost his first tooth!


There was a really warm and sunny day this week, and so the kids and I spent the whole afternoon outside. It was so nice!
The kids were shooting baskets from the back of the truck. Rockwell and I had fun taking pictures, leaving the truck out of them, and making it look like he was dunking it. :)

Paul and I had a date planned to go see Tarzan at Hale Center Theater. One of the cast members got Covid, and so the show was canceled. We decided to go on a hike instead. We got some lunch at Mama Chu's and then headed up Provo Canyon.
We hiked to Upper Falls. I don't know how I haven't known about this waterfall or this hike before now. It's steep, but it's not too long. It was beautiful up there!
I have a hard time with getting bored in the winter. I love to be outside, and so it's hard when it's so cold for so many months. It was really nice to be out in the canyon that I love so much, and I feel hope that I can learn to like winter more if I can hike through it. The waterfall was mostly frozen, which was so cool!
The hike down was really slippery. We each fell one time, but luckily neither of us got hurt. It just made for some good laughs. :) I happened to be taking a picture of Paul and the beautiful mountains right when he fell down. So obviously I took a picture of him on his back. Haha!
We had plenty of time left with Caitlyn babysitting the kids, so when we finished the Upper Falls hike we decided to walk along the trail to Bridal Veil Falls as well. It all looks so different up there in the winter, and it felt like we had the canyon to ourselves since we didn't see anybody else the whole time we were there. It was a really great date!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and post! That's fun that you and Rockwell figured out how to get pictures of him looking like he was slam dunking the ball and they were great! Your date looked like so much fun but I'm sorry that you slipped going down and that was so funny that you got a picture of Paul on his back! That does look like a real winter wonderland and I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the slam dunking pictures! Thanks for asking Caitlyn to babysit, she loved it!

    ReplyDelete