Monday, January 4, 2021

Christmas Day

Rockwell woke up early on Christmas morning. When he came up into our room, he had already built the Lego helicopter that Grandma and Grandpa Ham had given him the night before. The kids all found a snowball maker underneath their Christmas trees.
Damon was so excited that Santa got him the vacuum he wanted!
Tessa loves Diamond, her new Present Pet.
And Rockwell was very excited for the Ninjago Lego set that Santa brought him.
We had a great morning opening and giving presents. I love to watch the kids' excitement!!
They all liked their new pajamas.
I love this picture!
We're all excited to use the games and puzzle that Gary and Julie's family sent us.
Rockwell couldn't wait to give Paul the socks he got for him.
I put socks in his stocking as well. It's been a joke with us for a lot of years that he always wants socks for Christmas and I always tell him he is a hard-working man and doesn't need to wait for a holiday to get new socks. :) He really does get excited about new socks though!
I loved all the gifts the kids picked out for me.
Paul got me some swag from Operation Underground Railroad and Days For Girls. The money benefits the organizations, and that was a great present for me!
He also got me some super soft boot socks. While I was taking them out of my stocking I said, "I'm eating all my words! It is exciting to get socks for Christmas!!" Ha!
Tessa made a book at school and wrapped it up for the family. I read that to the kids when we opened it. She worked hard on making the pictures for it and she was excited to add it to our library.
Paul made us a delicious breakfast after we had opened all the presents.
After breakfast we headed outside to play with the boys' new remote control cars.
We did not have a white Christmas this year, but Damon and Tess found a little bit of snow left in the Best's yard and made some snowballs.
Paul's present this year was an aerator.
He took it for a spin real quick while we were outside. :)
We played Damon's new Ring Toss game.
We played games inside and the boys set up an arena in the basement to drive their cars in.
Paul let each of the kids choose what they wanted for dinner and so he made steak tacos for Rockwell (and Paul and me), a pizza for Tessa, and cheese and crackers for Damon. It was a wonderful Christmas Day!!

2 comments:

  1. It sure sounds and looks wonderful! You did great catching the excitement of the children on their faces in your pictures! Paul hugging the socks was priceless! It looks like you all got wonderful things and had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect Christmas. I love the pictures of the excited faces, that is my favorite thing on Christmas morning! Especially Paul's excited face, you really captured his love for his socks!

    ReplyDelete