Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Hiking the Y

Rockwell has wanted to hike the Y for a while now. We've been waiting for it to be warm enough and for a night when we didn't have anything else going on. We finally did it last week. 
  
We loved it! It's so fun when your kids enjoy the same stuff you enjoy! Rock liked reading all the signs and learning about the history of the Y and the wildlife that lives nearby. 
He did great and only needed to sit down and rest once. I loved spending that time with just him and talking with him about stuff he wouldn't normally talk to me about. I remember having great conversation with my dad on the trails when I was growing up, and as an adult. 
We went to the top, the middle, and the bottom of the Y. He wanted to check it all out.
  
He was picking up rocks that he thought were cool, and I told him that I like to collect heart-shaped rocks. He was pretty excited with the few heart-shaped ones he found for me.
On the way home he asked what other hikes we can do together and when we can go again. It was a great night.

1 comment: