Saturday, June 11, 2022

Kauai Day 6

 On Saturday we tried to go to Tunnels Beach again. We got there even earlier since it was the weekend, but sadly we weren't able to get a parking spot this time. We circled around many many times, but nothing opened up. We headed over to Hanalei Bay instead.

We rented some beach chairs and an umbrella in town. It was well worth the money to have some shade and comfort. :)
We brought ice cream bananas with us and the kids ate so many of them. I should have taken a picture of the pile of peels. We love ice cream bananas!
The boys played catch in the water and went and jumped off the pier again. Tessa didn't want to so I stayed back with her.
Paul went out snorkeling for a while and the kids played in the sand.
I got to do some reading. 
I went out to the car to get the snorkel gear and saw Bethany Hamilton and her husband and kids walking over to the beach. I debated about saying hi, but chickened out. Paul and I saw that they were over at the river and decided to go talk to them. When we got close though we saw that Bethany was in the middle of a conversation with some friends and we didn't want to interrupt. Paul took a sneaky picture of her in the background instead. 
We ate dinner at Frederico's again and then got some more JoJo's.
I took the kids swimming at the pool that night.

1 comment:

  1. What are ice cream bananas and why haven't I had one?

    ReplyDelete