Tuesday, September 3, 2024

19th Wedding Anniversary

 Paul and I celebrated our 19th Anniversary by going to Tibble Fork to paddle board again.

It was fun to get some relaxing time on the lake together. This duck swam around with Paul for a while. :)
There was an eagle that was soaring back and forth over us. That was really cool!
It started drizzling some rain so we decided to head back to shore. And then we heard screaming from shore. We looked over to the west where the screaming was coming from, and there were tents, chairs, kayaks, and paddle boards flying everywhere. The wind came in at a scary speed and caught everyone off guard. We started paddling as fast as we could, and we could just watch the wind spread across the shore. One guy didn't let go of his paddle board, and the wind picked him and his board up and he flew around like a kite. It was so crazy and scary!! Sadly, he landed and hit a girl and she got knocked out. Looking back, we think we were safer on the water, and I'm very grateful that we could see what was happening for a moment before being in the middle of it. When we got to shore I knew not to lift my paddle board at all. I was just laying on it to try to keep it from flying away, and also to stay low out of the way of the objects flying in the wind. Paul yelled out to me to let the air out of the board so I opened the spout and deflated it as best I could. Once it was pretty flat Paul told me to take the paddles and get in the truck. He carried both the paddle boards up, which I'm sure was not easy. It was quite a ways to the truck, and it was pounding rain by then. It was wild! As we were heading down the canyon, quite a few ambulances and fire trucks were cruising up the road to help the girl that was knocked out. 
We decided to go home and get dried off and dressed in warm clothes. I was chilled to the bone the rest of the day! We got some dinner at The Smoked Taco and then got shave ice at a Mexican market I found the other day. It was quite the adventure, and I'm so glad that Paul and I have shared all of our adventures together the past 19 years. I sure love love love you Paul!!!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds crazy. I'm so glad you guys are okay. It sounds like you both handled it really well. You two are a great team and always do a great job of handling whatever is thrown your way! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete