Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Life Lately

 I tried a new taco recipe and Paul thought it was fun that I used his flat top for the first time. :)


There was another night of crazy rain and wind, and this time our neighbor's tree broke and fell into our yard. Luckily, somehow, it didn't break our fence. We were so grateful for that!
When we woke up in the morning, we saw that our tree had also broken and fallen. There was a week of some seriously crazy weather in the middle of August! This storm, the storm at Tibble Fork, and the hail storm were all in the same week.

Now that the kids are back in school I've been able to go up and hang out with my mom once a week. I've loved having that time with her! We enjoyed going out for a walk one afternoon.

Damon got his braces and jaw expander off. He was so excited to get some more room back in his mouth!! His teeth look really good!
He couldn't wait to eat corn on the cob again! :)

Our Relief Society went rappelling for an activity last week. Roxi is the president and thought it was so much fun when she and Brian took the young women rappelling that she wanted to do it with the Relief Society too. Shiree and I decided to go together. She has been afraid of heights her whole life, but has been working hard on overcoming that, and wanted to conquer her fear. She was nervous, but she did it and was so proud of herself! It was awesome to see!!
I had a blast rappelling again, I think it's so much fun.
We each got to go down twice. On my second rappel, Brian dared me to go upside down. At that point, Kim was holding the ropes at the bottom. He had gotten a call to come help with the activity about 5 minutes before we left. He has never been rappelling and knew nothing about it, but was happy to come help, and try something new with Shiree. Neither Brian or I thought to warn Kim that I was going to go upside down, so when I started going down head first Kim about had a heart attack. He said he started panicking and had no idea what to do with the ropes. Haha! Whoops, so sorry Kim!! I turned back upright when the rocks started jutting out toward the bottom, and he said when he saw the big smile on my face he figured out that I had done that on purpose. It was so funny!! 
It was such a fun night. I loved getting to hike and talk with Shiree, and getting to rappel again.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you and mom. Those are great pictures of you rappelling. I can't believe you went upside down. Ha, I would have freaked out if I were Kim too!

    ReplyDelete