Sunday, May 30, 2021

Last Week of School

 This was our last week of school. I really can't believe that we went in-person all year long. I named the blog posts by the school weeks because I wanted to keep track of how often we switched to online school because of Covid numbers, but we never had to do that. I'm grateful that we didn't!

Tuesday was the last day that all three kids were in school at the same time and so I went for a run up Provo Canyon. I parked at Bridal Veil Falls parking lot and run up to the Upper Falls trail. I thought I would trail run all the way up to Upper Falls, but I didn't realize how crazy steep that trail is! I definitely couldn't run it, so I just hiked that part, and ran again on the paved trail back down.

The falls are very pretty and it was great to get outside and enjoy my last two hours without kids for a few months. :)
That afternoon Al asked if we wanted to go to Bridal Veil Falls with her and Wyatt and Hallee. Damon was at Wesley's birthday party, but Rockwell, Tessa and I wanted to join them. 
The kids had a great time climbing the waterfall and playing in the water, and Al and I got some time to visit.
The girls were so cute walking down like this.

Timpanogos' graduation was Tuesday morning. Paul enjoyed just showing up and helping out where needed. It was a much more relaxing experience than when he was an administrator. :)

Wednesday was Damon's last day of school and his Kindergarten Graduation. 
We were told that only parents were allowed, but that changed last minute to anyone who wanted to come. Grandpa Ham was already planning on coming down that day to bring us a desk, and so he and Grandma were able to stay and watch Damon's graduation too.
Each of the kids had a speaking part and the class sang some cute songs.
Mrs Anderson had all of the moms who had helped regularly (multiple times a week, each!) come up to be recognized. She had a lot of help this year!!
Damon sure did great things in Kindergarten. It was a rough start to his school career, but I hope it will only get better from here. Despite feeling lost a lot of the time, he truly did his best and worked really hard all year long. His hard work paid off and he learned and grew a ton this year. He loved having Richmond in his class, and all the new friends he made.
I took him to get some frozen yogurt to celebrate completing Kindergarten.

Thursday was the last day of school for Tessa and Rockwell.
Rockwell is very excited for summer, but Tessa is pretty sad about school ending. She loves to see all of her friends every day, and is going to miss them. We got Damon's new splash mat out and the kids had a lot of fun on that.

Friday morning I took the kids on a bike ride to the park. 
Then we all went and hiked to Battle Creek Falls. 
The kids were riding bikes later that afternoon and Damon wanted his training wheels taken off. I worked with him for just a little bit, and then Paul took over while I ran a couple errands. By the time I got back home, Damon was riding around the cul-de-sac with Paul only helping him get started. It was so exciting to see him learn a new skill and be so proud of himself!

That night I went over to Emily Eyre's house to watch the Friends Reunion with some friends. I picked up Katie on the way and we got some dinner before the show. I told Katie that I loved her Friends pants, and Kiara said that I should wear her pair so Katie and I could match. She went and grabbed them for me, and Katie went and put on her Ew David shirt so we could be total twinners. :)
The reunion show was really funny, and it was fun to hang out with everyone for a while. The Elon Musk satellites were really bright that night, and so we went outside to see them. That was really cool to see!

On Saturday, Paul and Rockwell mowed lawns for three different families in the neighborhood. Rockwell's getting quite a little business for an 11-year-old! We love to see him work hard all day without complaining. He's saving his money for a Play Station 5, and is very motivated to earn enough to buy that for himself. They saw snakes at each of the yards and Rockwell thought it was awesome to pet one of them. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to get out and hike on your last day with no children and the pictures do look beautiful! I'm so grateful that we got to go to Damon's graduation! It was great! I'm also glad that you got to hike with the family to Battle Creek Falls after taking the kids to the park. That's great that Damon learned to ride without training wheels and that Rockwell is such a little businessman at 11! The Friends reunion twins outfits you and Katie wore were cute and I'm sure it was a fun evening for you. Great blog and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the school year is over. I'm so glad your kids got to be in person all year. Hopefully next year will be all the way back to normal.

    ReplyDelete