Friday, November 5, 2021

Halloween

 This Halloween was a fun one! Tessa really wanted face paint to go along with her tiger costume, so I told her I could paint a nose and whiskers. When the face paints arrived, they came with a book that had pictures in it. There was one of a tiger face and Tessa really wanted me to paint that on her. I told her there was no way I could do that, but she showed me that there were step-by-step instructions and after looking at them, I thought I might actually be able to. We got up early Friday morning and gave it a try before school. I think it actually turned out pretty great! Not gonna lie, I was proud of myself. :)


Rockwell wanted face paint around his eyes for his skull ninja costume too, and that I was comfortable with. :)
Damon wanted to use our Spiderman costume but he hated wearing the mask, so he chose the astronaut instead. While I was painting Tessa's face Friday morning he found a Spiderman face paint in the book too. He wanted to change costumes, but we didn't have time for another face paint before school started. He wore the astronaut to school, and then was Spiderman for trick-or-treating on Saturday.
Paul was saying that he wanted to do something really simple for his costume this year, so I suggested he go as a paperback since he's a librarian. Haha! :)

The school did their parade outside this year, and it was so nice that way! We all took lawn chairs and enjoyed the nice weather. I hope they do it outside every year.
I helped with Tessa's class party. We played Halloween Bingo, and it was fun to meet more of her friends.

Tessa, Damon and I went to Hallee's Broadway performance on Saturday. She was the cutest tap-dancing skeleton ever!
My parents came over for dinner and trick-or-treating that night. We always love eating mummies, pumpkins, ghosts and witch fingers for dinner. :)
Al, Hallee, and Wyatt came trick-or-treating with us too. We went until all of their buckets were overflowing. :) It was a fun night!!

2 comments:

  1. You did such a good job on their face paint!! Thanks for letting us go with you guys. It was fun and the kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did do a great job on the kids face paint! They looked so good! Thanks also for dinner and a fun trick or treating experience. We loved it!

    ReplyDelete