Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Christmas with the Clark's

Grandma and Gramps went on a cruise right before Christmas, and Grandma ended up fracturing at least one rib. She was in a lot of pain and decided that hosting a family party on Christmas day would be too much. I'm glad she took a few days to rest and recover. I know that broken ribs are super painful! We had Christmas dinner on the following Sunday instead. We got there a while before everyone else, and I loved seeing the kids reading books by the fire. Rockwell left as soon as he saw me trying to take a picture, but Tessa didn't even notice me.
Dinner was great as always, and it was fun to hear all about their cruise. We exchanged gifts after dinner was all cleaned up. We've had fun playing Damon's new game, Mr Pop.
Tessa absolutely loves her new bunny.
And Rockwell absolutely loves his new art supply briefcase. He's taken that almost everywhere he goes since then.
Emilie and Matt drew our names this year, and Matt was happy to regift his socks Provo Canyon School gave him. :) He knew Paul would appreciate the humor.
They also gave us movie tickets, which we will love to use. 
Grandma couldn't find the present they had gotten for me, so she asked Gramps to go grab it from upstairs where she had wrapped them all. He came back down with the present, she gave it to me, and I opened it. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to know what it was, so I tried to be gracious and say thank you while looking at them both for a hint of what it was. When I looked at Brent, he was red-faced and laughing. We had a good laugh as Grandma explained that he had given her a weird look when he handed the present to her, but she just went with it. He had put a Furbee (?) in a bag just to see my reaction. I love that Gramps likes pranks! That's my sense of humor too! :) That was a good one!
The real present was a gift card to Barnes and Noble, they know me well! They gave Paul a steamer, which he's super excited about. Thanks for a great Christmas Grandma and Gramps!!

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun night. I'm sure you already have evil plans for the Furbie next year. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny that he wrapped up the Furbie!

    ReplyDelete