Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Kauai Day 4

I took the kids to the pool Saturday morning. It was a really cool pool with fountains and a shallow part that was like a beach. The water felt great.


We sat in the hot tub for a while too.


We had lunch back at our room. I loved to eat out on the lanai.

There are roosters everywhere on Kauai. They just wander and are part of life there. We always had a rooster buddy while we were eating on the lanai.


These birds also liked to hang out with us while we ate.

After lunch we drove to Anini Beach. The sky was overcast and it was cooler this day. We had the beach completely to ourselves, but the water felt pretty cold, so we didn't stay for too long.

Tessa in particular was bothered and disappointed by the cold. Her face in this picture cracks me up. It shows how she felt though.

The rest of us made the best of it while we were there. Paul and Rockwell swam for a while.

Damon and I walked the beach.

We stopped for a couple pictures, and Damon wanted to take one of me too. He did pretty good!


It was so cute watching him try to do the Hang Loose hand. :)
It was a pretty beach to see, but not one that we wanted to go back to.
It was warmer at our resort, so Paul took the kids swimming at the pool again while I showered and got ready. We went to Hanalei to see the town and get dinner. I checked out Hanalei Bay to see if it looked like a good beach for the family. The path to it was beautiful.
And when I got back to the car, Paul had locked the doors and wouldn't open them until I danced. We like to do that to each other in public sometimes. :) He recorded it, so that's extra fun. Ha! We looked in the souvenir shops and then decided on Federico's for dinner. The taco salad and fish/shrimp tacos were amazing!
There was a pretty long wait for the food, but it was worth it. There are picnic tables on the grass by all the restaurants and shops. We just hung out and watched all the roosters and cats.
The views of the mountains are beautiful in Hanalei. There are waterfalls all over, but the mountains are constantly covered with a mist/haze and so pictures just could not capture it. This was the best I could get, but it was so much prettier in person.
We drove past the clubhouse when we got home, and saw that the fancy drink was out again. (I don't remember when or why we started calling it that, but that's what we called it the rest of the trip. We parked and planned to walk over and get some. As I was opening the car door for the kids to get out, my foot sank into nasty, squishy mud. It was so gross.
We walked over to the swimming pool to wash it off in the outdoor shower. It was dark, and I thought I had gotten it all off. But while we were drinking the fancy juice in the light of the clubhouse, we noticed more mud. There were a lot of jokes about how non-fancy I was, drinking my fancy drink with questionable brown goo on my foot. :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks so beautiful and I have to admit I really laughed about the goo on your foot! Your food looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pool looks amazing! I love that you have your pinky up to drink your fancy drink with your muddy foot!

    ReplyDelete