Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Kauai Day 6

Wyndham offers some classes and events for their guests. There was a jewelry-making class at a Wyndham resort a couple minutes up the road. Tessa and I went to that Monday morning. The teacher had bags and bags of beads, sea glass, shells, and pearls that we could choose from. We paid for a bracelet and earrings, but she said that Tessa could make whatever she wanted, so she made a necklace and earrings. It was fun to sort through everything and choose just what we wanted. Since I don't wear earrings, Tessa designed and made both pairs so she can wear them when she gets her ears pierced.
We all wanted one more day at Salt Pond Beach, so we drove back to the south side of the island after Tessa and I were finished with the jewelry. We stopped in at the Coconut Market on the way and rented some boogie boards. Those were a lot of fun.
I didn't really get a good picture of Rockwell on a board. He had fun floating on top of his life jacket too though.
After the kids had moved on to other things, Paul and I took the boards out and floated around on the waves for a while. It was so fun to get some time with just the two of us out in the ocean while the kids were having a blast together closer to shore. We stayed as long as we could, leaving when the sun was starting to set, so we could return the boogie boards on time. For the last little bit, Paul and I sat on the beach and just watched the kids playing. It was so relaxing to lay in the warm sand and look up at the palm trees swaying in the blue sky. It was another awesome day!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that first picture of you and Tessa. You look gorgeous, I love your hair. That sounds like the perfect day at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to do a jewelry class with Tessa and renting the boogie boards! It looks like the kids had a great time on them and I'm glad you and Paul did also! I love reading about each day and seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete