Monday, July 31, 2023

Lagoon

 We used our Get Out Passes to go to Lagoon. It was such a fun day! It didn't take long for Damon's stamp to get on his forehead. :)

Damon really wanted to ride Cannibal this year, but we said he should probably start out with some other rides and see how he was feeling. We rode the rollercoaster and Spider a few times and then the boys wanted to ride Wicked. Tessa didn't have any interest in riding Wicked this year. The boys loved it though!

We convinced Tessa to try Colossus, but she was very nervous.
She loved it! That ended up being one of her favorite rides of the day.
All the kids loved it and wanted to ride it a few more times. Once was enough for me though. Turns out I can't do the rides where I go upside down anymore. :( Paul took them a couple more times, and then he sat out too. We had a fun conversation about how old we are while the kids rode a few by themselves. Haha!
We rode a few more rides before going into Lagoon-A-Beach. It was so nice to cool down in there for a few hours! 
The kids tried the Rock-O-Planes this time and they all loved those. They went on it a few times right in a row. We made our way to the other side of the park and rode the rides as we went.
Finally we made it to Cannibal. Rockwell wasn't too interested in riding it, but he said there was no way his little brother was going to ride it and not him. Haha! They thought it was so fun and went again as soon as they got off.
Tessa and I went on the Screamer while the boys were riding Cannibal. I had been feeling fine, but after one ride going upside down, that was it for me again. Tessa was nervous for this one too, but I really thought she would like it.
I told her we had to take an "after" picture too since she looked so nervous in the one before it started. She loved the Screamer and rode it over and over after that.
We could see some storm clouds blowing in and so we tried to ride as many rides as we could before it started raining. The storm did come though and it started raining hard and thundering huge claps of thunder. Tessa has such a hard time with loud noises, and the thunder really scared her. I held onto her tight while we walked back to our pavilion to get our stuff so we could leave. When we got there I let go of her to gather our stuff, and as soon as I let go I saw Rockwell walk right over to her and put his arm around her. It just melted my heart. What a sweet brother Rockwell is!!

2 comments:

  1. Boy Rockwell is such a kind brother and that melted my heart too! I understand not being able to go on the rides that go upside down! Dad nor I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun day. I can't believe how daring Damon is! That picture of Rockwell comforting Tessa is so sweet, that Rockwell is something special!

    ReplyDelete