Friday, August 12, 2022

White Pine Lake

We were able to fit in one more summer hike. We did another 11-mile one to White Pine Lake. I love this lake! It's gorgeous. I remember when I was a teenager/young adult, I wanted to take my engagement pictures here. I knew it would never happen because who wants to take pictures after a hike like this?! But I thought the scenery would make for amazing pictures. :)

The flowers were beautiful on this trail too.
The last part before you get to the lake is really rocky and very steep.
I like that you can see the trail down below in this picture, and also the gorgeous view of the mountain ranges.
It was a challenging climb, but we made it!
And the view around the bend at the top was so worth it!
I love how blue this lake is! Just gorgeous!!
We enjoyed the views and ate some lunch down at the lake. There was a part where the bugs were swarming us, so Dad made good use of his bandanas. :) I'm so glad I was able to do one more long hike this summer. We were all tired when we got back to the cars, and enjoyed some ice cold root beer from Dad's cooler. :)

2 comments:

  1. It was such a beautiful hike and even though I was tired I'm so glad I did it! We've been on some great hikes this year! I love going with Dad and you and Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is breathtaking. Dad with the bandanas, ha!

    ReplyDelete